.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Saturday, February 05, 2005

BOYCOTT DISH NETWORK!

Just got off the phone with Dish Network and a supervisor. Despite the fact that ESPN Full Court offers single-day (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/fullcourt/schedule?fullList=1) purchases for $14.95, my awesome (read: bitch) representative (who was a SUPERVISOR) informed me that ESPN is not my satellite provider, Dish Network is. No shit? I didn't think we sent our $80 a month to ESPN, but I sure wish we did.

I tried to point out to her that ESPN Full Court offers a service, I should be able to get it. Again, she pointed out that ESPN is not our service provider. At this point, my head is getting ready to explode. Literally. After going rounds with the world's all-time worst customer service supervisor, I inform her that we will be switching to Time-Warner (which rules, by the way). And her response?

"OK." AND HUNG UP THE PHONE.

Unbelievable. Throwing out the "switching carriers" card with most SANE companies usually, at the very least, gets you a APOLOGY. With Dish Network, you get a hang up. A HANG UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My head hurts. So I'm taking it to the streets: boycott Dish Network! And when I say "taking it to the streets," I mean "typing an angry post on my blog and forgetting about it." But whatever. DON'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM DISH NETWORK--I CANNOT EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH, MY DEAR READERS.

On a side note, I would like to mention this: personal mushy stuff is not going to be something that is a regular item on my posts. That being said, I've got to give a shout out to the GF--after telling her the story from above, she says "why don't we go to a sports bar and watch Kentucky play today?" I am going to type this question again, separated from the rest of the paragraph, so you can really get the depth of this seemingly simple question.

"Why don't we go to a sports bar and watch Kentucky play today."

And this statement came out of not only a girl's mouth, buy my girlfriend's mouth. Take note the selflessness, thoughtfullness, and the seeming genuine concern in her voice. I am a lucky man.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?