Friday, August 31, 2007
Rick Morrissey: Slightly Humorous Chicago Columnist Makes Light Of Creighton, MVC
The Cubs might be only four games above .500, good enough for the nether regions of the other two NL divisions, but they're in first place in the Central. They could be in first place in the Missouri Valley Conference, and Cubs fans would be excited about Creighton coming to town.
Here's the catch: is he making fun of Creighton and the Mo Valley? Or Cub fans?
I would guess probably a little bit of both.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Rick Hoesing in Omaha November 20, 2003-August 31, 2007
Monday, August 27, 2007
I can't believe the NY Times is on this
Here are my thoughts:
1. If Danny Woodhead is indeed an NFL draft pick, which I believe he is if that 4.43 is legit, then Scott Downing is an idiot for not recruiting him. That is simply the fact; there is absolutely no way that the Solich administration in 2003 did not need to recruit an instate running back with NFL-caliber talent. And he sounds angry about the fact that he gets asked about this all the time, but honestly out of all the mediocre instate guys he recruited (Andy Birkel comes to mind) it just has me aghast. This might not even be the most ridiculous recruiting gaffe of the Solich regime.
2. It's not just Nebraska. CSU, Wyoming, and Colorado, among others who always recruit outstate Nebraska players, inexplicably did not offer him either, which, given their current talent, is absurd.
3. I'm not saying Danny Woodhead would win the Heisman or anything, but to think that no D1 school could use a guy like this is ludicrous. The guy has, as Chuck Klosterman says, "the most important talent in football: the ability to not be tackled while carrying the football."
4. Danny Woodhead will make an NFL roster. I will bet anyone otherwise.
5. Thanks to the NY Times for coming out west and really kicking out a solid article. Small town cliches (fur trading museum?) expected and vomit induced, but excused for the greater good of the W Neb love.
6. Danny Woodhead ran for 290 yards and scored 4 TD's in Chadron's first game of the year.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Only in NP...
(Thanks to Exit 177. Home of fine blogging.)
Monday, August 20, 2007
Friday, August 17, 2007
The NL Central
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Hello from Coralville
P.S. I also have to do a ropes course for the MHA/MBA orientation process. Wish my fat ass luck tight rope walking.
Thursday, August 09, 2007
He Makes it Rain on them Hoes
The Dante Hall of Pee Wee.
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Taking over after hour parties this Fall
From the guys who brought you Guitar Hero I and II, here is Rock Band. Now you will be able to rock out on vocals and drums as well as guitar and bass.
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
The Chicago Cubs, on this, the Day of Our Lord August 1, in the year 2007, have overtaken the Brewers of Milwaukee in the position of FIRST PLACE by defeating the Phillies of Philadelphia 5-4 in dramatic fashion.
Yes. You read that right, dear reader: The Chicago Cubs are in FIRST PLACE. In August. Now put those two sentences together. The Chicago Cubs are in FIRST PLACE in AUGUST.
It's a glorious day, my friends! The W Flag is flying as a beacon of hope on California Street tonight in Dundee.
Oh, And Another Thing:
The Cubs have the best record in baseball since June 3rd. They're a game out of first. They are awesome.
That is all.
Further Proof Pete Made A Bad Choice...
"Why waste time when you're talking about something that's always going to be like that? It's never going to be beyond this point," Santana told the newspaper. "It doesn't make any sense for me to be here, you know?"
Yikes. And his contract expires next year.
Welp, you've still got Boof!
Thanks, Google AdSense!
Custom Corn Toss
Here's the introductory paragraph from their site:
Corn toss is a game that originated many years ago in the mid-west. In the past
five years it has really started to take off. It has become a must have at all the
barbeque and tailgating parties. At Custom Corn Toss we came from
Cincinnati to bring the fun to sunny Florida where you can play all year round.
Now, the sets are not all that special, but the accessories are must-haves, including a custom light for the hole and a scoreboard that has a beer-holder.