.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Fraternity (Open Rush) LOI Day Approaching Soon...

As most of you probably know, February 2nd, 2005 is the beginning of new hopes, dreams, and promises for College Football Fans across America. But what many of you might not know, Letter of Intent (LOI) Day doesn't just happen in College Football, it also happens in the Collegiate Greek System.

February 5th marks the annual second semester finale of Open Rush at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Such powerhouse Fraternities such as Sigma Nu, Triangle, Chi Phi, Acacia and Phi Delt will compete to sign some of the best second semester freshman (that missed out on real rush) available.

Four Star Open Rush recruit, Bobby Johnson, had the following comments about the big LOI day approaching:
"I've narrowed it down to 2 frats...oh, you wanna know which 2 they are...I guess I'll tell you. I really like Acacia and Chi Phi, I just felt really comfortable around those guys."

What will be your deciding factor between the two?

"Well, I don't know. It's just going to be a gut feeling. You know, it's hard being a four star recruit in open rush, especially when I'm being rushed by a bunch of 1 & 2 star Recruitment Chairs. But in the end, I really like acacia's sand volleyball action, sometimes they even have co-ed nights, that's right, the girls come play with them too."

Open Rush has turned out to be a great source of recruitment for Fraternities like Sigma Nu. Current Sigma Nu member, Heath Berg, just loves everything about it.

"Yeah, Open Rush is sweet, I can't wait for LOI day. We're having this totally rad party in our basement. My brother usually gets all the hot chicks, but this one girl, she decided to go with me instead. I can't wait, we built this really fast slide that goes down our stairs into the basement. We even got Applebee's to cater it for us, the girls are so stoked."

But Open Rush hasn't been all cake and ice cream for some recruits. 2-Star recruit, Kyle Klemme, out of Murdock, NE explains why his experience was somewhat tarnished.

"Well, I went on an Official Visit to Pike this weekend. But there was only one problem, those wankers don't even have a house."

"They were all talking about how the brotherhood was 'through the roof' and how their parties 'rocked the floors.' But then I started thinking to myself, "those bastards are lying to me, they don't even have a fricken house. How can their brotherhood go through the roof and their parties rock the floors?"

"I just feel so confused & deceived. Then they asked me to come hang out up on Harper 6. I was like: "Harper 6, are you serious? That place sucks. Why don't you losers come up to Abel 13, we'll show you a good time."

Look out Lincoln. Open Rush Shenanigans will soon come to a close, as LOI day is fastly approaching. Beware of the UNL party patrol, there would be nothing worse for a new Open Rush Signee then getting ticketed for DIP (Dork In Public) on their huge day. Everyone's invited to the Open Recruitment Reception, held at Woody's, followed by a dance contest at the Chatterbox.


UPDATE: Names are totally fictional; if people of the same name do exist, it is totally coincidental. TOTALLY. But the fact that PIKE doesn't have a house at UNL is totally true. And it is really lame. GA Hill





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?