.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Friday, February 04, 2005

Selling out Already?

Basically, the question is whether or not we should add the Google Adsense to our blog. I can go either way on this, so I think I'll add a list of pros and cons, and I would love to hear some feedback on other peoples thoughts.

A quick explanation of the program as I understand it. Google places ads on our blog, pays us money for traffic and helps redirect people to our site.

Pros:
- We could make a lot of money, b/c Google might not realize that our 100 daily hits are just 10 people checking 10 times each.

- The more people that read things, the better.

- Would this make it easier to google our blog?

Cons:
- Is this the equivalent of having Clear Channel help us get our single played on the radio. While we of course desire to be a big, powerful, popular blog. I'm not sure that I want to do it that way.....I hate Clear Channel.

- I would've thought we could last longer than one week before selling out.

- I remember when we were just doing this for our fans, now we're considering doing it to achieve fabulous wealth.


If anybody has any experiences or comments regarding this, I would love to hear them.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?