.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Friday, February 04, 2005

Selling out Already?

Basically, the question is whether or not we should add the Google Adsense to our blog. I can go either way on this, so I think I'll add a list of pros and cons, and I would love to hear some feedback on other peoples thoughts.

A quick explanation of the program as I understand it. Google places ads on our blog, pays us money for traffic and helps redirect people to our site.

Pros:
- We could make a lot of money, b/c Google might not realize that our 100 daily hits are just 10 people checking 10 times each.

- The more people that read things, the better.

- Would this make it easier to google our blog?

Cons:
- Is this the equivalent of having Clear Channel help us get our single played on the radio. While we of course desire to be a big, powerful, popular blog. I'm not sure that I want to do it that way.....I hate Clear Channel.

- I would've thought we could last longer than one week before selling out.

- I remember when we were just doing this for our fans, now we're considering doing it to achieve fabulous wealth.


If anybody has any experiences or comments regarding this, I would love to hear them.


Comments:
You don't make money just by displaying the ads. People have to click on them. And under the terms of service, you cannot click on the ads on your own site.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?