.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

In case anyone has missed it...

I know it is early, but has anyone noticed the White Sox sitting atop the American League (#2 in the majors behind the dodgers) with 10 wins. Four of those wins have even been against the Twins -- alot of people's preseason favorite to win the central and maybe even the series. The team has the best ERA in the American league and even their number 5 starter Jon Garland went perfect through 6 1/3 on his last start. They have had some trouble scoring runs, but Paul Konerko's major league leading 7 homeruns is helping that cause. Carl Everett also isn't too far behind with 4 dingers. As long as the pitching staff can keep it together, I think the offense will come around. A return for Frank Thomas may not be too far off also, and I think he still has some swing left.

Anyway, I know it is early and things will probably go down hill at some point, but as a fan I have to be excited during this early part of the season. Especially since the Sox get no love.

Comments:
napa, congrats on the first post! I think the Sux are going to be contenders all year long, and have just as good a chance as the Twinkies to make a move in the playoffs.

As much as I hate them, I do secretly cheer for them within their own league--just as long as they don't go and do anything dumb, like win the World Series before the Cubs.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?