.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Start Choppin

Random note, but I just borrowed Dinosaur Jr's album Where You Been the other day to burn onto my iPod.

I forgot how much ass Dinosaur Jr kicked, and promptly got a musical punch-to-the-face when I heard "Start Choppin." (By the way, what do these guys have against punctuation?)

I don't know how these guys don't get mentioned in the same light as Nirvana and Pearl Jam. In every way, I think they were better for a minute there.

Comments:
I am becoming Mr. Comment leaver. Anyway, D. Jr. does rock the house. They also created one of my favorite music videos of all time, where they were playing golf on the tops of buildings and all over the city. If you've ever seen it, you'd know what I'm talkin' 'bout. Punctuation sucks.
 
"Feel the Pain." That was a fantastic video, directed by Spike Jonez, I believe.

I also remember some of their fans called "sell out" on that video. What a bunch of d-bags. Yeah, it is totally selling out for wanting to sell records and make money for yourself.

The only way Dinosaur Jr could sell out is if J Mascis only played guitar and got Justin Timberlake to sing. As long as J Mascis is signing:

A) They aren't going plat. Ever.
B) They have the ugliest lead singer in the history of the video generation, and that includes John Popper before the staples.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?