.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Here's what I can't decide?

The new selection for the Supreme Court is one of the two following things:

1. A center of the road pick that can prevent the nation and the Senate from becoming further divided by attempting to put forward a controversial pick.

or

2. The sneakiest thing Bush has done yet....picking a justice that he knows more about than anyone. Someone that has done most of their work for a White House that most likely will not release any documentation.

I guess I'm not really full of trust.

Comments:
I believe it is both. First, she was Harry Reid's recommendation.

Second, and most importantly, it very well could be this. Conservatives keep pointing to Souter and Bush #1 saying "trust me" on that appointment. Obviously, Souter is a very liberal justice. I don't think W is dumb enough to pull the exact same "mistake" his father made.

There, I left it wide open for jokes about Bush being dumb
 
I think you might be oversellig the Harry Reid recommendation thing. I'm guessing if he picked a justice, her name wouldn't have been at the top of the list.
 
Well of course this isn't who Reid would pick. It was his pick out of a list of conservative names.
 
I'm pretty convinced this chick will be pretty conservative, but at the same time I don't think she's going to rock the boat. She would replace Rehnquist's vote while Roberts will replace O'Connor's. They match up pretty well with their predesessors.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?