.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

TRY!


God, I'm going to take heat for this (not that I haven't already spouted off about this to a lot of you in the past), but....

The John Mayer Trio's new live release, "TRY!," is good. And when I say good, I mean really, really good. Like, "one of the best CD's I have purchased in a really long time" good.

There are two covers: and excellent version of "Wait Until Tomorrow" by Jimi Hendrix, and "I Got A Woman" by Ray Charles (the song that inspired "Golddigger" by Kanye West). The rest of the songs are originals, along with a encore that includes "Something's Missing" and a bluesed-out version of "Daughters."

With the exception of "Gravity," the album is fast-paced, guitar-driven goodness. Even if you don't like John Mayer, and think he is generally a big weenie, I think that you'd enjoy this album.

Comments:
Can't wait for the Kelly Clarkson duet single....(sarcasm)
 
It's official, the engagement was just a cover.
 
Oh, there he is! I thought I was missing the ol' gage around the blog/e-mail. Apparently, I was not. What a dick!

This CD kicks ass, you'll just have to take my word for it.

(That was really funny, by the way. I hate you.)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?