.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

New Favorite Cub?

The Heckler currently has an interview up with Cubs' closer Ryan Dempster. I had heard before that he is a pretty cool guy from anywhere in stories by Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune to internet message board postings by people that have met him and said how cool of a guy he is. However, he probably made the leap after reading this little gem in the interview:

"I can quote the whole movie "UHF" starring Weird Al Yankovic."

That one's for you, Pete. Some other great quotes:

--Responding to Phil Roger's comment in a story that Dempster is "always available and frequently hilarious": "It's more like 'frequently available and always hilarious.'"

--"If I'm out in a restaurant, I don't mind being approached by people, but if I'm shoving a forkful of pasta in my mouth, I don't want someone coming over and asking for an autograph. I do like that every time I go to a bar they buy me drinks. I hope they continue to do that."

--Referring to a prank he played on RP Will Ohman: "That one was pretty good. Whoever tries to get me next, I'm going to take out a billboard ad near Wrigley and put up their home number, cell number and picture that says 'call me anytime.' That's going to be my next one. "

--"...technically I wasn't streaking--I served cookies in an apron, only an apron."

Comments:
He is outstanding. I think he will be my favorite player this year.

Of course, the closer role isn't that important on a team that is not in contention.
 
Gage, you cannot fully become a Cub fan until you buy into the optimism.

They're going to be back in the playoffs!
 
Your blog is really excellent. It inspires the readers who has that great desire to lead a better and happier life. Thanks for sharing this information and hope to read more from you.

Term papers
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?