Wednesday, February 08, 2006
It's the 7th Annual Bash for no particular reason and you're invited. Here are the facts:
- Who: A lotta people
- What: A major party
- When: SATURDAY, March 4th from 8:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- Where: Castle Barrett's in Omaha, 4330 Leavenworth St. (just a few blocks South of Dodge near 43rd St., right next to Barrett's Barleycorn)
- Why: We didn't burn the place down last year
- Dress: Optional, as always
- Admission: $15 get you admission and all the beer you can drink. Two cash bars for liquor will be available.
- The Night: Door's will open at 8:00 p.m. Please plan on arriving early as parking is somewhat limited. A door man will STRICTLY ENFORCE the 21 and over rule (saying you're "with the band" won't cut it.) Additionally, the party (at Castle Barrett's, at least...) will stop at 1:00 a.m.
- Band #1: Once again, "Bare" will kick things off with a mix of 80's, 90's and current rock. Lincoln-based Bare does not disappoint. These guys are all great friends of the party, be sure to catch their set at 9:00. http://www.bareband.com/
- Band #2: Yes, you guessed it... Paris recording-artist "3D" promises more 80's rock and feathered hair than you've seen since prom. With a completely revamped set-list and show, 3D will show why they're one of the most popular bands in the Midwest. Check them out at: http://3dinyourface.com
That's about it. I think everybody knows the routine. Please forward this to anyone who may have an interest and I look forward to seeing everyone on March 4th...
About the party...Did you know?
- The band Bare performed at the original bash some 7 years ago and has been involved with it ever since.
- Structural damage from the crowd forced us to relocate from our original apartment clubhouse to our current location.
- 10 kegs were consumed at the original Bash (28 kegs in 2005.)
- The 2005 Bash was discussed on Z-92's Todd 'n' Tyler Show the following Monday.
- Decision-making has exponentially deteriorated each year...