.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Heavy Soul Bar Madness

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=144627


You ready for the sweetest thing ever?


Big Boi and I created and seeded a true tournament of champions consisting of 64 watering holes in the Omaha and Lincoln area. You determine the winner. Don't bitch if your favorite bar didn't make it. And don't bitch about the seedings. It took us hours of painstaking contemplation and cigarrette smoking to come up with this.

Get your brackets in by next Monday, March 5. Winner gets a tournament t-shirt.

This is how you predict winners:

Predict an existing bracket
You must be a registered user to predict a bracket. If you are not currently logged in, you will be prompted for your email address and password. If you are not a registered user, you can register by clicking on the "Register Here" link. A password will be emailed to you immediately. (You can change your password to something more familiar once logged in.)
Go to the bracket that you would like to predict.
Click on "Predict It!" in the right hand corner.
Enter the information requested including your password emailed to you.
The bracket will then be displayed. Games will be listed with buttons next to the team names. A scoring field will also be displayed. Highlight the button next to the team/individual you predict will win. Input your predicted score. Continue this through the first round.
Click the "Enter" button at the bottom of the page.
The next round will then be displayed. Continue the process until the bracket is complete.
You can return to check your bracket by just returning to the original bracket and clicking "Predict It!" and logging on. This will take you to your bracket.

Comments:
How did Brownie's make it on there? Has anyone here ever even been to Brownie's? I'm guessing Dahl is probably the only one.

Other than that, this is pure comedy.
 
Delusional KC Fan, Big Boi, and I took in a little trip to Brownie's. They had cheap beer and cheaper shuffleboard.
 
Oh, and you guys misspelled the "Real Martini Bar." It is "Reel"--like a movie reel? Because it has a movie theme!

That place needs to be firebombed. Movitov Cocktail-type gangster shit. If that is even how you spell "Movitov."

And the one bit of bitching I will do: I was upset to have The Bar go against the Homy in the Final Four. And the Holiday and the Goofy Foot being higher seeds than the Homy in the same bracket??

I thought I knew you guys better than that.
 
NO BITCHING. (i forgot to add the homy at first)
 
So when does this thing close??? or when will we know the results?

And for the record...this is awesome.
 
entries in by March 5. Next monday. Results will then be tabulated. Not sure yet how we will pick winners, but I'm sure it will be a lot like Speed Round. Probably most popular picks win.
 
It's actually Molotov.
 
I have never been to 75% of the bars listed. So my bracket was filled out the same way as I fill out my NCAA one -- Pick a few that I know are good and pick the rest based on name, location and gut feeling.

The Bear Trap sounds interesing by the way.

Good stuff MIB and BB.

My on the bubble/honorable mention bar would have been Yia Yia's in Lincoln.
 
Yia Yia's was a close call, but in the end it just didn't have a high enough RPI to get the nod. Oh, and any and all goof ups should be directed to MIB, I took a shower and he created the page while I was out of the room.
 
the rail was one of those I remembered after I had created it. I'm sorry
 
Oooh...The Goods is a little defensive!
 
I love it!!! Unfortunately I haven't been to a great deal of those bars. Like Napa I have to go check out The Bear Trap. Another side note the bracket T-Shirt is a must own.
 
I did have the brass rail. 10 seed, Holiday bracket.
 
Congratulations, by the way. I did not include the word "The" in the title and there is a bar in Omaha called Brass Rail as well, I think.
 
The Goofy Foot, Homy Inn and Holiday in the same bracket is a nightmare. Throw in Harry's Wonder Bar and my head exploded.

I think I put way too much thought into this.
 
Yeah, that bracket was totally loaded. Those three are Final Four material if separated.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?