.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Is it wrong that I laughed out loud?

Reading this story -- http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/12/cheney/index.html -- about Vice President Cheney shooting a campaign contributor while quail hunting made me literally laugh out loud. I mean I don't wish anybody harm and I am glad the guy wasn't killed, but it just somehow seems fitting.

My favorite part of the story is at the end when the local sheriff says that these things occur "frequently, but not often" and that "The nature of quail shooting ensures that this will happen. It goes with the turf."

Did I catch that right?? Did he say that hunting quail "ensures" that someone will get shot in the face and chest! I don't know what the hell they are doing in Texas, but I can say that I have been quail hunting many times and have never been shot in the face and chest.

In the words of George Bush (or at least my words as I would expect W to say them): Nice shootin' Tex!

Comments:
I would say it is pretty much wrong that you laughed.
 
Napa...Don't let GA make you feel bad, this is hilarious. What makes it that much better was that this was not reported out of the White House, the ower of the land called it in the next day.
 
Would you laugh if it happened to someone you know? The man got shot in the face. I don't find any comedy in this at all.

And who gives a shit who it was reported by? The White House said that Cheney immediately told the owner of the land to report it how he wanted to.

The only reason someone would find this funny is because they don't like Dick Cheney. I think it is a sad commentary on where politics are today--since tragedy was avoided, it is a fucking joke and it somehow validates the warped view someone has of one of our country's leaders.
 
If he didn't die, it's funny.

If he does die, it isn't funny.

Glad I could be of some help.
 
I'm in the not funny camp....I do however think Dick Cheney is an evil man.
 
Too bad he wasn't hunting with the Pres.
 
You know what, I thought about what GA said and he's right. My political affilation was behind my laughter. In no way is it funny when a man gets shot and someone else defends him getting shot by saying because he he chose to go hunting, he had it coming to him.

From now on before I laugh at anything I am going to think long and hard about my political stance on the issue and make sure I have a valid reason to be elated. Maybe in the spirit of politics I should hold a vote and ask "Is this funny?" That way I would be assured I am laughing, or not laughing, with the majority the american public.

Thank you for opening my eyes GA. I will never let politcal affiliation cloud my sense of humor again.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?