.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Kentucky Basketball 2005-06: R.I.P.




What a frustrating season. Tonight pretty much was the height of it. Kentucky up late, at home...and they get down one. What does a good and mature team (AT HOME!) do in this situation?

HACK UP A BUNCH OF THREES????? WHEN NO ONE ON TENNESSEE CAN DEFEND RANDOLPH MORRIS? THE ENTIRE GAME???

That was Kentucky's game. Period. And they couldn't put them away.

I have never, ever given up on a Kentucky team before. Even in the probation years. Well, sadly enough, I think there is a first for everything. I have never questioned Tubby, never questioned the players. Well, to the delight of everyone that contributes to this blog, and my friends everywhere:

I officially have given up on this season.

There's no consistent shooter, no power forward presence, no definative leadership....no chance. I still would honestly be shocked if they don't make the tourney and wouldn't be suprised at all if they win a game or two when they get there. But, sadly, this team has no chance.

That said (and in the true fashion of a hardened Cub fan), there is next year. Barring players leaving--which there is no one on this team ready to (I'M TALKING TO YOU, RONDO--if the only person scouting you in the NBA is Danny Ainge tonight and Chad Ford on ESPN, that means you're at LEAST a year away)--I think this team is a legitimate Top 10 team next year. They have some real athletes and an excellent shooter coming in next year. In fact, next year's starting lineup (again, assuming everyone who can stay stays), Rondo should be the shortest person in the lineup by 3 or 4 inches.

But those thoughts don't do much for me right now. Saturday night, I was depressed. Still was today. But I also came to grips with the fact that Florida is sweet this year and it was at Florida. However, this is Kentucky's third SEC loss at home this year, and THEY lost this game tonight. This is just totally unacceptable.

So, everyone--enjoy it while it lasts. You have about 8 and 1/2 months to revel in the silence of GA Hill.

This sucks.

P.S. I honestly appreciate everyone avoiding me during the seemingly 10,000 losses Kentucky has had this season. I'm sure it will be tee-off time in the comment section after people read this, so whatever--you've all earned it.

Comments:
Dissertations Writing:It’s great post for important useful
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?