.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Friday, March 03, 2006

Dave Chappelle's Block Party!!!!


Son! It's here, bitches!

I have been getting (undeserved; expected) shit about my excitement for this film. So, just to help validate my excitement:

"A kick-ass block party! Blissful perfection!" -- GQ Magazine

"You will wish you'd been invited to Dave Chappelle's Block Party, but watching the documentary...is the next best thing. Besides being filled with Chappelle's hilarious sense of humor, the movie features life-affirming messages and great music by serious rap artists with political, socio-cultural and spiritual themes." -- USA Today

"A house band (Ed. Note: It is The Roots, you dumb ass) provides a great blues/funk backbone for a mix of hip-hop, rap, and soul. All are having so much fun, I'm not even a big fan of hip-hop but I had a great time too." -- Hollywood Report Card

"'This is the best single day of my career,' Chappelle says at the film's end, sitting down for a quite moment after the music and laughter have stopped. And you absolutely believe him." -- Associated Press

"A state of the hip-hop nation address that should be seen by everyone who dismisses rap music as violent, misogynistic and sociopathic." -- Seattle Post-Intelligencer

"This is a concert film with real soul, message and emotion. Its coin is all too rare these days." -- Dallas Morning News

"The most important film of our generation." -- Heavy Soul

All jokes and reviews aside, I will be attending two to three viewings of this movie today at AMC out at Oak View, depending on what time I get off work. If anyone wants to go--which I am guessing is no one except for poor Denise, who will be forced to at least two showings--let me know. I cannot be more excited.

If time permits, I will also be attending 16 Blocks, starring Mos Def and Bruce Willis. This is also supposed to be a very good movie. But only if time permits.

Comments:
"A great movie to jerk off to."
- G.A. Hill
 
What a prick.
 
Have fun golfing in Palm Springs...cracker.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?