.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A Funny Thing Happened....

on Sunday night. Down in Palm Springs, BigBoi and I went to see the movie Block Party. As we were waiting for the movie to start, I mentioned I would probably have a blog post that looked something like this.

Title: You owe me $4.25...
Body: Because I paid $9.25 to see Block Party and it was maybe worth $5.

Then I would've ranted for a while about how it was disappointing, etc. However, I actually really enjoyed it. I thought it had a good positive vibe throughout, and I thoroughly enjoyed the collaborative nature of the music.

So, as difficult as this is to say, thanks GA for getting me to go see the movie.

On a slightly more shocking note. On a 3 day vacation, BigBoi and I only drank a combined 24 beers. As someone with a guitar once said: "Times, they are a changing."

UPDATE: Glad you enjoyed it, gage. I was going to finally write my review on it tonight, but instead of burying this post and being redundant, I am going to piggyback this one.

I say redundant because that is exactly what I thought of it. It was a very happy film. Mrs. GA Hill and I left the theater with smiles on our faces. A great day of positivity. The music was (predictably) fantastic. But I really enjoyed the behind-the-scenes aspect of it. And the labor of love that Chappelle puts into this entire deal really shines through--it suprisingly lacked a lot of jackass moments, but had an abundance of feel-good moments. Don't get me wrong: it definately has hilarious moments. But it was inspirational, as well. In particular, one of the final scenes where Wycleff is talking to this college marching band and asking them what would they do if they were president. And I tell you what: I turned into a Democrat at that moment in the theater (don't worry, I went back to hating small children and exploiting poor people a couple of hours later).

All boiled down, it was a fantastic movie. A+ in my book. And it was very different than what I expected.

Comments:
Times changing or not that is a pathetic effort on the drinking.

I mean I understand we're not in college any more but you guys should be ashamed of yourselves for that. That's an average of 4 beers apiece, per day, and that won't cut it.

Jesus Christ.
 
The atmosphere of the Springs just isn't conducive to binge drinking. The only time we really drank was on a shitty par three course that seemed like the 60 year old version of spring break.

However, my mom did make me drink last night because she said I had to get rid of all the budweiser before I go home tomorrow. I felt ashamed that it took prompting from my mother to get me back into alcoholic form.

Regardless of whether or not anyone else goes with me, I am going out tomorrow night when I get back. I feel like picking up some young, nubile, misguided (and gullible) female at the Pipeline. MIB and Hales, you guys in?
 
Oh well shit. I guess. By the way, I've been drunk every day since you left.
 
MIB, you are the man!!!
 
Awwww, np gage--you're making me blush.

And Big Boi--you think I don't want to go, you big asshole!?!
 
Jealous, Sambuca?
 
Nope. Just wish I could see you in action a little more.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?