.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Saturday, March 18, 2006

My Lenten Sacrifice

Some give up meat on Fridays. Others, soda or some other vice. Not me. Apparently I've given up moderation for lent. I have sacrificed my liver. Unbeknownst to me at the time, but Ash Wednesday marked the beginning of a bender the likes of which have not been seen by my poor insides since early in the decade.

It didn't begin as a goal of mine to drink for 40 days and 40 nights. It just happens that Mondays I have a dart league at a bar. Tuesdays are usually the best nights to go to the Moon for Pint Night. Wednesdays are normally reserved for Lost. Forget about Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. There's no point in feeling bad for drinking on those days. And Sundays are becoming the new Thursday.

I'm frightened because at no point during these past 18 days have I had much difficulty finding an occasion to drink. And there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. I don't think I'll make it to 40 days, because like most of my good ideas, I lack the follow through necessary of greatness. Thank God.

Comments:
Sunday is the new Thursday, and you are currently missing out!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?