.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Polar update

Not sure if any of you care, but I thought I would update you all on the progress of that polar expedition I mentioned a while ago.

40 days in and they have reached the halfway point. They suspect they have another 30 or so days, but their food is getting lower. In the begining they fought a lot of drift so they actually went backwards dispite walking all day. Since then they have made good progress but stuff keeps breaking due to cold and they have had a few probelms with frost bite. They have had to swim gaps in the ice as large as 300 meters and one of the guys even fell in the water without his special suit on. It is still dark but they are getting some light/color in the sky - enough to turn off their headlights at times. (It actually sounds really beautiful from a scenic photography standpoint.) They are optimistic that they will succeed in their end goal.

Anyway, don't know if anyone cares, but I am terribly intersted. It amazes me how some poeple live their lives and how they push themselves. It makes me look at my life and wonder if there is more I should be pusing myself to do.

Again the link is http://www.mikehornnorthpole.com if anyone is interested as much as I am.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?