.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Relative Cost Of Drinking; or The Death Of A Salesman

There's something to be said about relative vs. real costs of things. For example, what is the relative vs. real cost of drinking? Let's examine Saturday, March 11th for GA Hill:

Real cost of alcohol: $25.00 (approx.)

Relative cost of alcohol: Reputation + $25.00 + $298.00

As I am sure most that read this blog have heard, I was supposed to be on a Frontier flight Sunday morning at 7:00 AM. This was a company-financed flight. However, due to the drinking I decided to indulge in Saturday night, along with somehow knocking my cell phone (which is used as an alarm clock) underneath my bed, I awoke from my slumber at 7:02 AM.

This brings us to the relative cost. Because of drinking, it cost me the original ("real") cost of around $25 for beer, plus my reputation as being somewhat reliable and timely (at work; not socially, of course), plus the cost of a one-way airline ticket to San Francisco which was $298.

News Flash: I am an idiot.

Comments:
I can't believe you only spent 25 bones drinking in California and apparently it still had an adverse impact on your life.

Phenomenal.
 
That's what you get for scheduling a 7 a.m. flight.
 
Two things:

One, the $25 was spent Saturday night in Omaha. A case of Busch Light for yours truly, and a 12-pack for the lady.

Two, I did not schedule the flight. It was scheduled by my boss. I, sadly, had no say in it.

The sad thing is I wasn't even very drunk, but we did not get home until 3:30 am. I was more exhausted/buzzy. The cell phone falling under the bed is what did me in; I never heard one of the three alarms that went off.
 
at least you didn't lose your dignity. often, that is the price i pay for drinking.
 
I believe gage is referring to his tendency to jump on grenades when intoxicated.
 
Sweet Baby Jesus, do I echo your sentiments about dignity lost. I would much rather take a late flight than get drunk and show dick tricks to your entire staff. I lose.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?