.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Friday, April 28, 2006

Let's make a million

As I was sitting here enjoying my Dunkin' Donuts coffee this morning, I was thinking that I couldn't remember the location of one in Omaha. And through internet research, I still haven't found one. So here's to Heavy Soul opening up a dozen of these babies in Omaha and moving over to easy street.

http://www.dunkin-baskin-togos.com/html/home.asp

Also, the following cds were in heavy rotation* at my desk this week:

Jeff Tweedy - Live on March 5, 2005 - Just a great concert. Lots of Wilco songs, lots of covers. 35 songs in total

Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood - I just picked this up this week. I've been enjoying it, but have yet to form a complete opinion.

Kathleen Edwards - Back to Me - See my concert review for my thoughts on her, eh?

The Good Life - Novena on a Nocturn - Just outstanding. Favorite Song: The Moon Red Handed

*heavy rotation means I listened to the cd at least 4 times this week.

Comments:
I've actually thrown this idea out in passing as well, stating drunkenly that North Platte had the only Dunkin Donuts east of Denver and west of Chicago (no idea if that's true, but I've never been called on it) and they are huge in major cities, especially Boston.

This town is devoid of any sort of coffee and donuts facilities (save one Winchell's location, and it's actually pretty decent), and there should be a niche market for this, especially with a drive thru.

I'm all about it.
 
maybe we could sell bottled hose water at our locations
 
I know.

Seriously though, I've been thinking about a Dunkin Donuts in this town all day ande perusing the herds of morbidly obese people running around here, and it can't fail.

We should save up some capital and make it happen. The idea of working from 5 a.m. to noon I even find appealing. Think about the fishing, golfing, being "the afternoon crowd" at bars we could get in.
 
Where do I sign? I hate coffee, but Dunkin' Donuts would be a Goldmine even in this psuedo-trendy town.
 
Do you think we could pull the Trifecta combo of Blimpies, Baskin Robin's and Dunkin' Donuts? Nevermind, I don't want to do the Trifecta. But I'm in nevertheless.
 
With the pounding I took at the boats this weekend you can count me in as well. I need the extra income.
 
Yeah, great idea to play craps fuckface.
Anyway, I was talking to my dad about this and Omaha used to have like 10 Dunkin Donuts. He said they all shut down in the early 80's because of health and sanitation issues. He thought that stigma may still be there for people in their upper 30's and over. Just another thought to throw in this idea.
 
Competely throw cold water on everyone's dreams, you mean Deuce?

What an asshole.
 
Awesome. It is amazing how some people come up with cool ideas.
 
Wow! it is easy to make millions.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?