.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Not what I thought...

I had the pleasure to receive the new Nebraska state quarter as part of my change from lunch today.

The quarter looks as follows: Prarie setting with a bright sun overhead. Pioneers in a cover wagon going past Chimney Rock.

Not bad looking, unfortunately I was pulling for a more current depiction of Nebraska so my quarter looks as follows: Corn cob next to a drunk college kid vomiting on a curb next to a meth lab. with the slogon "At least it's not Iowa."

Sources say my depiction was a strong second place.

Comments:
"At Least It's Not Iowa"

If I didn't love "The Good Life" so much, I would run for the state legislature, running solely on the ticket of changing the our slogan to "At Least It's Not Iowa."

I fucking hate Iowa.

I read something by some big national coin collector that the Nebraska quarter was the best yet. How NOT suprising. Nebraska kicks ass.
 
How sad that I didn't even realize this was coming out. But now I'm on the lookout.
 
I didn't realize it either.

I have concerns. I'm a history guy, mind you, and I can wax about the history of Nebraska for hours. However, the stigma of having a covered wagon on anything that people from either coast sees is just horrible.

They seriously believe that we still do this crap out here, and all we do is embrace it.

My vote was for something that incorporated some corn stalks bearing footballs in front of the Omaha skyline, followed by the slogan "At least it's not Iowa". I think we can all agree there.

At the very least, go check out the link for Nebraska T-shirts, any of those would have been more than passable.
 
Omaha has a skyline?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?