.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Oops

Here comes a quick run down of a scandal I was around over the weekend.

On Saturday, I went up to Milwaukee with my bro and my former roommate. We were going to the Brewers game on Sunday (more on that later), so we decided we might as well go up and party Saturday night in the city that made beer famous. Yadda Yadda Yadda, we all got wasted, Milwaukee is a blast.

So at 8 a.m. on Sunday, my bro's boss calls. As he is amazingly hungover, he sends the call to voicemail and wonders why she called. Upon further inspection of the phone, it is determined there was an outgoing call to her at 330 a.m. So, clearly, my bro spends the next day panicking and goes to talk to the boss first thing Monday morning. She is pretty cool about it, but the whole thing still seems weird as he has no recollection of the phone call.

Through Monday e-mail and piecing the events together, it became clear that maybe my bro didn't call his boss. So this morning, Tuesday, he asked if he could hear the message he left. Sure enough, it was my former roomie leaving the following message:

"this is Jim, this is Jim"…and then it goes quiet for a sec and then "Balls" and a hang up.

My former roomie does not remember this event, but apparently was calling random numbers in my bro's phone and randomly hit his boss....that's worse than cell phone roulette.

In other news, the Brewers parking lot is one of the finest in major league baseball. Excessive amounts of food and alcohol consumption, and it's humorous because nobody uses propane. In Milwaukee, if you don't use charcoal, you are just a pussy.

But my first good tailgate of the year also got me thinking about good summer songs. . . . so what are some options for the summer of 2006. I would like to nominate "Holiday from Real" by Jack's Mannequin to get things started.

Comments:
Best...story...ever. Wow, that is funny.

The Brewers parking lot is like a freaking like a football game. So much fun.
 
Dearest Birched,

Being known as the office drunk is a slippery slope to be on. At first, everyone is excited that you're the good time fella. Then you show your employees dick tricks in a bar parking lot just once, and the entire store thinks you're in the deep end
 
I hope grilling brats before the game wasn't "too much of a hastle" this time around.
 
Great story. Sorry Jim. The label of office drunk lasts forever.

I think the best summer song of 06 thus far is Matt Pond PA's cover of "Holiday Road", the song that was immortalized on National Lampoon's Vacation.

Also, "Kilo" by Ghostface Killah has been getting steady windows rolled down time in Grimace (my purple Accord).
 
Pete,

I can't agree with you more on all three points.

1) Once an office drunk, always an office drunk.

2) Matt Pond PA is tuff.

3) The new Ghostface is better than 90% of hip hop that I've listened to in the past five years.
 
To adress #3, MIB: that is because Ghostface is straight fucking fire...SON!

'Buca: GREAT call. npgage, between the Kathleen Edwards post and that little reminder from "buca's story: well, the pussy-o-meter is at an all-time hide.
 
Goddamn it, that was supposed to say "all-time high." The idiot-o-meter is pretty close to maxing out on for me, I guess.
 
And I regret not taking bratwurst to that tailgate greatly. I've changed in my old age, I would certainly go to the effort to ensure a successful tailgate.
 
And I regret not taking bratwurst to that tailgate greatly. I've changed in my old age, I would certainly go to the effort to ensure a successful tailgate.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?