.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Friday, April 14, 2006

Thome vs. Thomas

Don't get me wrong. I was always a big fan of the Big Hurt when he was in Chicago. He was one of the first guys I can remember being a fan of. I did hate to see him go because he was such a figure in the organization for so many years. It would have been nice to see him finish strong in a sox uniform.

However, looking strictly at the numbers so far this year it is very clear that the sox got the better end of the deal by getting rid of him and signing Jim Thome.

Look at these numbers so far:

Thome: 29 AB, 11 H, 6 HR, 10 RBI, 12 R, .371 BA, .561 OBP, 1.103 SLG

Thomas: 29 AB, 4 H, 1 HR, 6 RBI, 4 R, .138 BA, .242 OBP, .310 SLG

and just in case you were wondering,

Carl Everett: 32 AB, 4 H, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 5 R, .125 RBI, .317 OBP, .281 SLG

Comments:
Thomas has not had the oppertunity to tee off on the KC pitching yet
 
I can't believe what Thome is doing. He's single-handedly setting me up for a first week fantasy defeat against Jim Birch.

Annoying.
 
I've got to admit, I thought that was the White Sox worst move this offseason trading for Thome.

This is why I am not a Major League Baseball GM.
 
Man Pete -- Last I heard that Jim Birch kid was a hell of a player. It is surprising you were able to stay within that close of him. Thome or not...i think he probably would have beat you anyways.
 
I heard he had a 12 inch cock too.
 
Plus Thome is not a huge jerk.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?