.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Monday, May 01, 2006

A New High, Followed by a New Low

The New High

I went to what is easily my new favorite late night bar in Chicago on Saturday night. A complete hole in the wall country bar. It was hilarious, and when I left at 4, there was still a line to get in. The place was insane. The country cover band even played Hank Jr. A perfect way to top off 14 hours of boozing.

Also, when I was waiting in line a random guy showed up with a case of beer and about 20 of us just stood on the sidewalk and drank. Until the bouncer (wearing a confederate flag t-shirt) came out and yelled at us, it was one of the more amusing things I've done in a while.

The New Low

So after a full day and night of partying, we decided to enjoy a nice burrito to finish things off. Some how or other, it became decided that the random girl at the table next to us was going to call my mom. So Luke, the boss phone caller from last week gave my mom a jingle and had a convo with her. You might wonder how he had my mother's phone number, well I gave it to him. I didn't think there was any possibility he would actually call. I lost that game of chicken.

So after we are done having burrito's, we decide it's only fair for me to call Luke's mom. So I give her a call on the cab ride home and have a nice little chat. I probably talked to her for five minutes or so. Then, George decides we should also call his mom. So Luke handles the call and gets one of the funniest mom lines of all time.

Luke: So George met a new girl tonight.
George's mom: Well is he going to tell me about her at dinner on Tuesday?

Proving that yes, mom's are crazy. Even in the middle of the night they just want to hear if their son has a girlfriend.

Comments:
my only question is...have Luke and George's drinking tolerances increased since their visit to Lincoln???
 
How many 1:30 AM and beyond phone calls do you think your poor mother has received, Gage?

And what would the Over/Under be set at if we combined Marcia the Mangler and Patty's obnoxiously late-nite phones calls? 100? 150?

I honestly think it could be approaching those types of numbers...which is awesome.

Also, Gage--I certainly commend you on your robotic-like posting lately. Despite you saying that you post "just to post," they have been very good.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?