.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Booze is my religion?

As many of you already know, at the CWS the Anchor Inn rented out a church near the stadium. They pulled all the pews out and turned it into a drinking parlor. True to form, I logged many hours there over the weekend and really enjoyed it. As OC's lady friend so eloquently put it, "you may be going to hell, but at least you'll be with friends." Getting drunk in a church has taken the CWS experience to a whole new level for me. Fortunately, I was drinking Bud Select so I was able to keep my calories down.

An additional topic of discussion at the church bar was our upcoming cross-country mini golf adventure that we are hoping to turn into a documentary film. Start collecting your ideas.

On the subject of two young and upcoming screenwriters, it appears some heartless bastard has already taken www.hosewater.blogspot.com. So if you have any ideas for Pete and I's blog to begin discussion of both our documentary and feature length films, please let me know.

Comments:
That blog has been inactive for three years. My email to the blog people suggesting a coup has been placed.

In regards to the mini-golf trip, we were pretty well cocked at the time, but if I remember right it went something like: meet Friday afternoon in Omaha, play about three rounds at the courses in Omaha and Lincoln on that day: Carter Lake, 56 and Old Cheney, etc. Drive to the Tri-Cities area for some random, awesome anonymous central Nebraska drinking Friday night once we get the scouting report on the local bars from someone who works at the hotel we are going to pass out at.

Saturday: wake up, drink Gatorade, play the faves like JerryTown, Champions in Hastings, and the Big Apple. Head to NP for the finale with a partners tourney at the Home Course. Then, predictably, more drinking and fight spectating at NP's finest establishments.

Sunday: Drive back.

Gage, did I forget anything?
 
You forgot that we will need videographers, and hopefully turn this into the mini-golf equivalent of the The Endless Summer...only with more jokes.
 
I think you guys got everything that was discussed. This NEEDS to happen.
 
Since when the hell did this turn into a video documentary? I thought we were going to do a photo documentary, with photos by yours truly.

As long as the Gatorade on Saturday morning is orange, I am in...maybe grape.
 
Bring your own putters? Is that kosher?
 
I still like the idea of having the event photographed. But I'm hoping that the dialogue can earn us a spot at Cannes.
 
I think that we can get enough fodder from actually taking this trip to turn it into a fictional movie about 20 somethings that people think are losers who play putt-putt and are masters of their respective domains or something. I think it could be funny, yet still provide social commentary on those clinging to innocence. Or it could just have a lot of dick jokes.

Anyway, I propose any weekend in August to make this happen. Any one got any ideas for exact dates? And yes, I'm dead f-ing serious.
 
I wish my brother turned 21 before the end of September...this could be a fantastic way to do a bachelor party.

What about either the weekend of the 18th or 25th?
 
I love the 18th. That sounds fantastic.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?