.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Chuck Klosterman News


I know that most people around here have an affinity for Chuck Klosterman (I know that my subscription to Esquire would not exist without his monthly column). Our friends at The Heckler--who always inexplicably have interviews with awesome people who fly under that radar all the time--put up an interview with Klosterman. Two great bits from it:

1. Klosterman's fourth book, "Chuck Klosterman IV: A Decade of Curious People and Dangerous Ideas" comes out conveniently two days after my birthday. Here is a small preview from "Publishers Weekly:"

Fans of Klosterman's Ritalin-paced pop culture criticism (Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs) will eagerly devour this collection of previously published essays. Whether investigating Latino fans of British pop icon Morrissey, interviewing female tribute bands like Lez Zeppelin and AC/DShe or eating nothing but Chicken McNuggets for a week, Klosterman is always entertaining and often insightful.


Sounds great.

2. He once interviewed Todd Rundgren, and mentioned it in the Heckler interview. Needless to say, I love Todd Rundgren:

CK: I have an interesting story about music and sports. In 1999 or 2000 I interviewed Todd Rundgren and I asked him what he does on weekends. He said he watches the St. Louis Rams. I asked him if he was a fan and he said that no, he doesn't give a shit about football. He watched the Rams games because they played that song 'Bang the Drum All Day' every time the Rams scored a touchdown, so he was getting paid like $500 each time. That was when they were the 'Greatest Show on Turf' and led the league in scoring. He'd sit back after a game knowing he'd just made a few thousand dollars. I thought that was funny and for some reason it made me like Todd Rundgren more.


Priceless.

Comments:
I think it's official that Chuck Klosterman is my fucking idol.

No real reason, I just find every encounter (read: article) involving him immensely entertaining.
 
I hope he's available for an appearance in Hosewater.
 
I fucking love this guy. Chuck, will you marry me?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?