.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Music Notes...

1. There was lots of talk about three weeks ago regarding Rhett Miller's new CD, "The Believer," which most on the blog agreed was above average at worst. Now, the Old 97's have released a Greatest Hits compilation that can be had for 11 bucks at Target. A few huge exclusions, but nonetheless it is worth the 11 bucks for 18 songs that hold up pretty well. I didn't buy it, because I'm a snob and I already have their entire catalog. (Picture that last sentence being said by Jack Black in High Fidelity). Actually I did buy it.

2. If you want to see a decent concert or a festival somewhere this summer, you better be ready to drive. I don't see why we could support this kind of a venue. I don't know.

3. I heard that Clapton and the Who were going to be here in the fall. If you're old, this is exciting.

4. I'm getting tired of Gnarls Barkley already.

5. Donavon Frankenreiter's 2nd disc is pretty good from what I've heard, but I don't picture it in my Ipod/CD case.

6. Tommy Lee will not go away. Apparently he's got some new band that's going to be the subject of that crappy CBS show "Rock Star". This guy is like the Cliff Robinson of rock musicians. I thought he retired like 1o years ago, yet there he is.

7. Top 5 Wilco songs of right now(after being inspired by recent talks with Gage and a viewing of "I am Trying to Break Your Heart" on the Sundance channel):
1. What's the World Got in Store
2. Pick up the Change
3. Via Chicago
4. Jesus, etc.
5. At Least that's what you Said

Comments:
Current Wilco Top 5 (in no particular order), off the top of my head. As you can tell, I'm a bit partial to Summerteeth right now.

1. Candy Floss
2. ELT
3. She's a Jar
4. Jesus, Etc
5. Someone Else's Song
 
I've also decided the song Passenger Side is the Wilco song most likely to be featured in Hosewater.
 
God, I hope you guys make this film sometime soon, because I just don't know that I can take the fake planning for it much longer.

I would have to put "Heavy Metal Drummer" and "Monday" in my top 5. I think "Pick Up the Change" and "At Least..." would drop out for me.
 
Even though some of these are side projects, Wilco has played them all...

1. Pecan Pie
2. King Pin
3. Hoodoo Voodoo
4. Screen Door
5. California Stars
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?