.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Friday, June 30, 2006

NL Vacation Rankings...

So at lunch today, I'm surfing a little, and come across European Vacation. This got me thinking, where does the old Euro Vacation fall in the list of Vacation Movies? Here's my order:

1. Christmas Vacation

I know it was third in order, but this is hands down the best for several reasons. Solid performances from Rusty & Audrey, beings they're different actors in each movie, they're always factor into the ranking. Cousin Eddie, the Christmas Tree, Clark's boss, the 1 liners, everything is great. Probably the best Christmas movie of our generation.

2. Vacation - The Original.

It was the first, which is usually the best, but in this case was trumped by X-Mas vacation. Great road trip movie, good showing from Rusty (Anthony Michael Hall) and Audrey. Plus Christie Brinkley, the Debut of Cousin Eddie, Mocking Bird, and Wally's World. Great Flick.

3. Las Vegas Vacation

Well, it is Las Vegas. I know most don't care for this one too much, but I'm a fan. Might be my favorite combination of Audrey (HOT!) and Rusty. Rusty's fake I'd, Hoover Dam, Wayne Newton, and Clark playing stupid gambling games make this a solid flick.

4. (LAST) European Vacation.

This was, in my opinion, a weak attempt from National Lampoon's. It was the second showing in the franchise, but was without a doubt the worst Rusty and Audrey. They're performances alone ruin this movie for me. This combined with NO APPEARANCE FROM COUSIN EDDIE, and the whole game show winning piggie deal was just lame. Some hi-lites include: "Look kids, Big Ben, Parliament."

Where's your order stand?

Comments:
1- Christmas: Its a classic

2- European: great appearances by the cast of monty python

3- Original: All around pretty funny

4- Las Vegas: only because I never saw it
 
I'm not going to rank anything, I would just like to comment that this was an awesome post.

Okay...
1. Xmas
2. Original
3. Vegas
4. European
 
Working today, Pete? I suprised that you put European last...

I also love that all day yesterday we had ads for floral shops in Chevy Chase, MD. That is funny.
 
Mike, I am working today, and it blows. I just got your text, we should probably get drunk tonight instead.

Also, European is still fairly good. Vegas is only good in a guilty pleasure kind of way, but I find it more entertaining, and those two are clearly worse than Xmas and the original, in my opinion.

Wow, I've already devoted more time to the Vacation franchise today than I have in the last 6 months, it's 9:45.

Let me know what's going on tonight.
 
Work sucks...although hardly anyone is hear so it has allowed for great web sufing...i'd much rather be playing gold, boozing or at the lake however.

My vacation list is
1) Xmas
2) the rest
 
Come on, working the day before a holiday in the middle of the week is awesome! I'm having the time of my life!
 
I too am at work, but due to so many people having the day off I am actually enjoying getting work done. I am also planning to hit up Barretts with other about 4
 
Thanks, I like this post it is very good and informative. I am sure that this post will be very helpful.
 
This was really what I was looking for, and I am glad to come here! Thanks for giving out such information with us. Thank you very much. This is a huge article, thank you for sharing.

Thesis - Theses
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?