.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Monday, June 12, 2006

TV Musings

1. I'm sure everyone watched the premiere of the 3rd season of Entourage last night. I thought it was a bit disappointing. A few laughs, yes, but not enough of the goods. I feel like Season 1 was good but not memorable, and season 2 was exceptional. I'm worried that the show may have peaked last season. I'm not going to quit watching though.

2. Caught a random episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. My first one. Wambold is right, this show is fantastic. It's so ridiculous. Last night's episode involved fear of old people, funeral hijinks, competing for chicks, Nazis, and hilarity was the result. Plus hot chicks galore. I immediately DVR'd it. This show looks like a jewel.

3. The barbershop quartet singing the Vasectomy Song in the Family Guy rerun last night is incredible. Top 3 best Family Guy moments, in my opinion.

4. Didn't catch much of any of the other HBO programming last night, including Dane Cook's Tourgasm, which I'm looking forward to. Any input?

5. Harold Reynolds and Mike Patrick need to call every CWS game, and it's not happening this year. I doubt it's because Patrick was upset with getting Joe Theismann out of his NFL booth.

6. Can I handle another season of Deadwood without wanting to slit my wrists? That show needs a comedic pick-me-up. I'm rooting for Carrot Top or Pauly Shore to show up in neon green chaps and a ridiculously large cowboy hat by Episode 3.

Comments:
I was very unhappy with Dane Cooks show, I was hoping for shenanigans and great ball busting, which only occurred in the first five minutes. The other twenty minutes included one comedian crying (it turns out that you can be a comedian with no sense of humor) and Dane Cook Physiologist trying to talk the crying comedian off the ledge
 
So that's a resounding "no" for Tourgasm. Disappointing.

And Jim you make a great point about Entourage, it's going to be even harder to move plots along when the show itself is like 22 minutes.
 
I got home from softball last night to find out that there was a recording error on the DVR's and Entourage was not saved. From these reviews it almost sounds as if that was a good thing. Did anyone watch the show after Entourage...it was a little strange to say the least
 
I'm going to be the voice of dissent here...Entourage was solid. I actually disagree with the assessments of what is going to happen--Vinny Chase is based on a combination of Mark Whalberg and Leo DiCapprio. I'm thinking that these guys have not had too many moments of "hard times" after their first hit movie.

I thought this episode actually set up this season as a season of partying. Everything that happened in this episode pointed to good times ahead. I think the most important symbol was the last shot of the episode, where the camera comes up behind Vinny and there are 10,000 cameras pointed at him on the red carpet. I think that this season is going to be about going from relative, B-level fame to superstar and the difficulties that come with it (but also emphasizing the perks, too).
 
Quick thoughts on Sunday.

1. Entourage was good, not great. It's still my favorite show on tv and I'm looking forward to a bang up season.

2. Lucky Louis was mediocre.

3. Dane Cook's tourgasm is worse than The Hills
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?