.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Friday, July 07, 2006

A career change in the works?

Last night, after getting out of work fairly late, I stopped by the Dell for a couple drinks with the lady. Sittin' there having a Bass, unwinding from a shitty day, when Casey the bartender hands me another. It's not out of the ordinary for him to give the pre-emptive strike, but my beer was far from gone. He says to me, "This is from the guy at the table behind you." Dynomite, I think. Turning around to thank my benefactor, I come face to face with David Dondero and Conor Oberst. (Insert indie jokes here.) Dondero says, "I saw you come in and you looked thirsty." I come to find out that he's in town for a show tonight at Sokol and is here with Oberst and his cousin, who happens to be a Dell regular. Normally it's me who is buying these guys beers, which is customary for us star fuckers. I thank him for the beer and go back to the bar. A drink or two later, he mosies back up to the bar and sits next to me. We're shooting the shit when the conversation of the show comes up. Being greased up a bit and unable to play it cool any longer, I half-seriously tell him, I'll run the merch table. He says sweet. He even one-ups me. He tells me he wants me to be his tour manager on a 12 day tour in October. Don't know if that'll happen, but he is looking for a poker game tomorrow. Anyone interested?

Comments:
Jimenez was planning on having a poker tourney today. You guys are always invited, just give me a call.
 
Jimenez always fucking cheats
 
so did anything come of this?
 
Did you get any?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?