.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Monday, July 10, 2006

Miscellany

A few thoughts currently on my mind.

1. How did Zidane win the best player of the world cup. Obviously he's a great talent, but two of his three goals were on penalty kicks.....and oh yeah he got himself ejectied during overtime of the finals even though he was his teams best penalty kick taker.

1a. I attempted to watch a number of soccer games and it reminded me of trying to watch hockey when the Devils made the trap so popular. An incredibly boring game with no scoring. I also think it is worth noting that in the all time soccer game voting conducted by FIFA during the World Cup, I did not notice any nil-nil ties. The flopping is also infuriating.

2. Has anyone else caught the new Bud Light softball commercial. "We're not here to win or lose, we're just here for the Bud Light." Absolutely brilliant. It also just occurred to me that we'll need a slowpitch softball scene in Heavy Soul, the movie.

3. How old is too old to be in the outfield during the home run derby? There are a couple of monsters out there.

3a. On the subject of home run derby, after watching David Wright crush all of those 50 mile an hour fastballs, he could be the most devastating slow pitch softball player in the history of the world.

4. I don't care that Manny Ramirez is skipping the all-star game. If he needs to take a break and spend a few days at home taking bong rips....so be it. At least he shows up for Red Sox games. And discussion regarding it has basically made me swear off of sports talk radio for good.

5. I just took some kegs back to my local liquor store. People were hauling keg after keg into the place so I asked the counter lady how many they sell over the weekend. She said about 300 during the summer....and I don't even think many college students live in this neighborhood.

Comments:
Good post. My responses:

1. This truly is mindboggling. It is like Ron Artest getting the MVP of the Pistons game because--until he went, well, Artest--he had a triple-double.

1a. Soccer sucks.

3. I would contest that 13 should be the limit to be in the outfield. There were certainly some 15 and possibly even 16-year olds out there.

3a. LOL.

4. While I agree on your point regarding talk radio, I totally disagree with it being OK that Manny doesn't go. You're voted in by the fans. It should be an honor to be there. If you're a little banged up, I have no problem with going, tipping your cap to the kids, and hanging out in the dugout. But just not going is ridiculous.

5. This is impressive.
 
I was 5'8" to 5'9" in junior high, but some of those kids looked like they were a solid 6'2". Much taller than I was, for sure.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?