.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Not Natalie Merchant and Not Punk Rock

Saturday afternoon one of my roomies and I hit a neighborhood street fair to enjoy one of our favorite cover bands. My favorite cover band was also playing, but it was an hour earlier (I was still hungover) and three blocks further away. After enjoying the cover band, we headed home but noticed on the way out that 10,000 Maniacs was the evening band. After a few beers and steaks we decided to head back over. The band was pretty average, and I don't think Natalie Merchant sings for them anymore. She also did the following things that were not okay with me:

1. Her nanny brought her baby up on stage to dance.
2. She ran through the crowd with her two year old son
3. She allowed 6 crowd members to dance on stage...the oldest was 10.
4. 1988 called, and it wanted her perm back.

The only thing she did that was even remotely rock n roll was shove me as she ran through the crowd.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?