.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Roots Game Theory Leak!

That's right--the time associated with this post is correct. It is 2:40 am. I have been--on and off--looking for this since I got home from work around 5 today. And I found it. I FOUND IT!

"Game Theory" is a trip of an album. I'm not ready to give a full review on it, and probably won't until it actually drops August 29th. A couple of thoughts, though:

--Suprisingly very guitar-heavy
--This is the first album where they truly sound like a band throughout the whole album. A lot of times, the albums sound like relatively normal rap songs, just with live insturmentals. This is, through and through, a complete album and you can tell that they spent a lot of time playing together on this one.
--Black Thought has officially made the leap, going from great battle MC to a great storytelling MC. This is a very good and encouraging leap.
--Very dark, heavy-hitting beats.
--Sounds like it is probably their best album since "Things Fall Apart," which dropped in 1999. And that is widely considered a true hip-hop classic. It is exciting that you are taking possibly their best material they've ever put out, but adding having Jay Z behind it. This might actually put The Roots out of the "critically acclaimed" category and into the "platinum-selling, critically acclaimed" category. I sure hope so, because this album is important. It is the first slightly mainstream rap group saying some important shit for once. Even if I do not agree with their politics, it is incredibly refreshing to hear someone in hip hop actually give a shit.

I'll spare everyone from here--I know that no one that reads this blog cares nearly as much as I do. But spending basically an entire Friday night looking for it, I had to get out the excitement somehow.

(Yes, I spent my Friday night scouring the internet for an album leak. Wow, I'm really going from "nerd tendencies" to "huge fucking nerd," aren't I?)

Comments:
I think you should write for Ebony.
 
what does it mean to say something "dropped"
 
^^You are an asshole.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?