.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Monday, July 17, 2006

Summer Concert Series Twenty-Oh-Six

The latest installment in this ongoing feature:

Saturday, July 15. Cursive's last show on a mini-tour supporting the release of their single, "Dorothy at Forty" from their highly anticipated (at least by this reporter) new album Happy Hollow. The only thing I had really heard about Cursive after The Ugly Organ and prior to about six weeks ago was that they had parted ways with their rockin' cellist, Greta Cohn. (Never thought there was a market for rock cellist solo albums.) Anywho, Sokol Auditorium was packed precisely as it should be for a show of this nature on a summer Saturday night. As if my entrance was their cue to go on, the band took the stage--including a female cellist and three horn players. Oh great, Cursive is turning into a ska band. Not so fast, my friend. They played all the hits off of Domestica and The Ugly Organ, but a great deal of the material was, I think, from the new album. Really good stuff. Darker themes, lighter songs. A lot of religious angst and a homosexual priest. Probably not okay for Sunday mornings, but perfect for the night before.

Comments:
Count me among the excited for this album. I still enjoy the Good Life more, however.
 
I hate to echo Pete (as per usual) but I also prefer The Good Life to Cursive. That being said, I'm real excited for the Cursive set at Lollapalooza.
 
I also have to agree with The Good Life. And say, for the 1,000th time, they also boast the greatest band name of all time.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?