.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

2006: A putt-putt Odyssey

If you've been reading Heavy Soul in recent months, you are already aware that we a few of us have been planning to cruise around Nebraska and play miniature golf. I'm pleased to announce that this is going down this Friday, August 11, with npgage and I as the participants.

It will commence around 10 a.m. in Omaha and will end sometime in the early evening in North Platte. Courses included (but not limited to) consist of: Jerrytown, 56th and Old Cheney, Cody Go-Karts, Champions, and The Big Apple.

I plan on taking notes on this event for an unprecedented mini-golf journal that will be published once we have time. Never in the history of the internet has anyone spent an entire day playing mini-golf, and then published the days events on the Web. Big dreams=big glory!

Despite the fact that we are both gainfully employed and have social skills, we are actually using precious paid time off in order to make this happen. In fact, Gage is flying in on Thursday night to ensure a shotgun start Friday morning.

You will be kept posted. Wish us luck.

Comments:
How many strokes do you think I should give Pete on each hole?
 
I think most of them agree that the only stroking will be mutual.

Speaking of stroking, everyone should hear the sports talk guys talking about my new favorite Husker QB who is coincidentally named "Brian Hildebrand." I'm dedicating the rest of my afternoon to creating this player on NCAA 2007.

Back to mini-golf, we really need to figure out a way to get that course in Carter Lake played at some point.
 
Don't waste your time with that shit hole on 95th & West Center, that thing sucks balls. Call me when you get close to Adventure Golf on Old Cheney, it's literally 1/4 mile from my office.
 
Your flight better be in on time tomorrow night, Gage--I want to do some drinkin'.
 
are you guys coming back to Lincoln or Omaha on Sat.?
 
A.B.C.

Always be closing. This is how I approached the 17th hole at Adventure golf today, down 2 strokes to NPGage, staring adversity right the face. I leave my tee shot 6 inches from the cup on 17, a solid 2. Old Lefty can feel the heat, so he does just like Phil would do, misses his 2nd shot, letting me in for an 18th hole show down. With honors on 18, I sink my putt right into the tube hole, which runs it's course of magic, and finds it's way to the hole, an ACE! The only one of the day for the foursome on Adventure Golf. Hefty scores a 2, and we tie, he's lucky I had to bow out after 18, but the clinic had already been displayed.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?