.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

"Doc" Sadler

I don't know if this is the guy that is going to turn Nebrasketball into a powerhouse or not and i was very skeptical of the hire yesterday...but I'll give him this, I love the guy already. He's a breath of fresh air and the guy is going to be a media dream in this state and maybe that's what it will take to get some interest back in the program. He's not going to win a lot of games next year because the cupboard is empty...and that was before the best player asked for his scholarship release...but I'm beggin you heavy soulers right now to give this guy a shot. Take a few minutes and read this transcript of his first press conference, the guy is hilarious. He's already won over GA Hill and I know Sambuca and I will continue to be Devaney Center supporters, hope some of you will follow....

Press Conference

Here are a few of my favorite quotes...

On the style of play fans can expect
"You ever watch tennis? We’re going to play baseline to baseline. I don’t know how much the sideline seats sell for, but you better get baseline seats. Because if not, you’re going to go home and the chiropractor is going to make a living."

On his relationship with Coach Billy Gillespie
"Billy and I are best friends. We’re in a debate right now about who’s team is going to play harder. Man, I can’t even imagine what that game is going to be like. But it’s here, I like that. We were talking last night about it. When we play, I’m going to try to beat his brains in. And he’s going to try to do the same to me. And if we win I’ll shake his hand and if we don’t, I won’t. That’s the way that goes. It’s a one-way relationship."

On Nebraska being a football school
"That’s great. Where else can you get three hours on Saturday of national television probably seven or eight times a year? It’s great that football is good here. I’m a football guy. I love it. And we’re going to take advantage of it. I’m getting sweaty palms just thinking about Sept. 2. I can’t wait to have some recruits here and walk out there in front of 80,000 people. That’s going to be an unbelievable experience. It’s going to be fun."

On if he bought his red tie today
"No I didn’t. I bought it before I came though. You like it?"

"I understand that and I’ll do everything I can to help you guys be proud of what we’re going to do. I’m ready to roll. Volleyball season is coming up. Football season is coming up. What else? Soccer. Go Big Red! Thank you all."

Comments:
I'm a fan of the hire as well, given the time circumstances. Yes we are going to suck for next year and probably the year after, but it seems to me like this is the kind of guy we need. High-energy, good attitude, blue-collar.
 
First of all, GREAT post, EZT.

Second of all, this guy is a quote machine. I was listening to the press conference here and there live on the radio, and was totally entertained. Dude is hilarious.

I think that EZT is correct in that this guy is charasmatic enough and has enough of a "wow" personality that not only will he win some fans over (myself included), but recruits as well.

He's an Arkansas boy, and aknowledged that he knows what it is like to be a sports fan in a state like Nebraska (no pro team, a single University the entire state is behind), and you could tell he is genuinely excited to be here. He was talking like a man possessed, about how Nebraska is a great basketball job (because it is a nationally-known athletic department, due to the football team), and how "this week felt like it took three months, I am so excited" (or something to that effect).

I think this guy may be exactly what a program like Nebraska needs. Seemingly great hire, Pederson.
 
Awesome, we're on deadspin again!
 
I've hit a high point in my blogging career!
 
As an El Paso native and rabid UTEP fan (there's a lonely category), I can do nothing but congratulate you on your excellent hire. I just wish we could keep the coaches we keep churning out.
 
Thanks kit...I'm feeling better about the hire all the time. Doc is currently flying to Australia to do a very important recruitment of Alecs Maric...if he doesn't return it could be ugly next year. But yeah UTEP has been producing some good coaches. Billy G. has been a miracle worker at aTm.
 
A great constructive article will help to understand the issue.
 
Great book review and very interesting comments! I have definitely benefited from having a inquisitive mind all throughout my childhood up until this very day. Sometimes it can be disadvantageous, especially if you get lost in the world of ideas, but often things work out for the best, and you are smarter and more happy because of it.

College Term Paper
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?