.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Putt-Putt Adventure 2006 - Recap 1

Hopefully Pete and Hales can fill in some of the blanks here, but I'm providing an account of our mini-golf adventure from last week. Many of you were kept up to date via text message throughout.

The trip began well with me making it back to Omaha last Thursday. I had some concern about my flight, and suffice it to say if I would've missed the mini-golf adventure, the terrorists would've won. Then we enjoyed a nice evening of boozing and planning at Barrett's, culminating in Hales being so excited for the trip he couldn't find his way back to his house.

On Friday, while consuming a legendary amount of beef jerky and gatorade, the mini-golf scores looked like this:

Lincoln - 56th and Old Cheney
Chris - 44, Sam* - 44, Hales 51, Pete - 55
Overall, just a solid test of mini-golf. A good, reasonable course. After the round I had my first experience at Cane's Chicken Fingers. It lived up to the hype.
*Sam left work to join us for this part of the journey, playing solid mini-golf while wearing a tie.

Hastings - The course formerly known as Champions
Pete - 54*, Chris - 55, Hales - 60
The holes on this course were just as long as I remembered. Some of the longest I've ever played. The highlight of the round was probably my shirtless play.
*Pete hit a ball out of bounds on the first hole, promptly took a mulligan and got an ace. I think we all realize that the two stroke penalty would've put him in 2nd place.

GI - Jerry Town
Pete - 54, Hales 57, Chris - 61
This course doubles as the shittiest mini-golf course I've ever played, and one of my personal favorites. I fell victim to a breakdown and some fast carpet and got a 9 by putting the ball back and forth across a green. The only disappointment of the round was that Jerry Town didn't have any t-shirts.

Kearney - Big Apple
Chris - 42, Hales - 49, Pete - 51
Hales and Pete just wilted under my consistently good, steady play. I needed a good round to take the championship for the day and it happened.

Overall, a truly great 10 hour drive from Omaha to the Planet

Upcoming in future recaps: Getting kicked in the balls playing Keno at Brother's, the joy of vinyl, a truely great Pete playlist, and the champion taking care of business on the home course.

Comments:
On another side note the first drink order of the night at brothers was as follows:

npgage: Miller Light Bottle

Pete: Coors Light Bottle

Hales: A pitcher of Coors Light!!!

Some of us remembered that we were in the planet and ordered accordingly.

Not to worry though those two bottles of beer were the first and last ordered it was all pitchers from that point on.
 
and ill-advised jager-bombs.

and after i was called out for ordering a miller lite bottle, i did in fact feel like an asshole.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?