.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Nebraska-USC Post, #1

I figure that there will probably be a lot of Nebraska-USC posts this week, as:

A) It is the biggest regular season game for Nebraska since 2001, and

B) Heavy Soul will be represented by three of our own: npgage, EZT, and The Deuce.

There is a whole lot that can go either way. One thing is for certain; either Nebraska keeps it very close or gets completely blown out. I don't see it any other way.

The thing that makes me a bit nervous? Just found the opening line in Vegas:

NEB +17.0

I don't know if they are just trying to goat people into betting USC, but still...17???!!? I still think NU has a great chance at this game.

Thoughts? Pete, especially? I don't always know what to read into lines, so feel free to edit and add on to the post.

Comments:
GA,

I felt like we would be looking at least at two touchdowns on the line here. Some possible reasons:

1. USC's domination of Arkansas, a line that was only at 9.

2. USC's home record over the last few seasons, which is absurd.

3. USC is the trendy team right now, so, like Notre Dame, their lines are always a point or three more because they receive copious betting action.

4. The win over Arkansas was seen as a better quality win than La Tech or the Sutherland Sailors (Nicholls State).

5. They are coming off of a bye week, and there is a thought among gamblers that this helps a team, thus covering more spreads.

I think it's a pretty good line, I also expect it to move to between 14 and 17 points so if you're betting Nebraska I'd lock it in early.

Hope that helps! Go Skers!
 
Where was the snarky response?

they are favored by 17 b/c they are a shitload better than us.
 
it's currently at 18.5...that shocks me. I've been saying this would be a 2 td spread all along. I swore i wouldn't bet NU all year but this is tempting. HOWEVER, USC is better than us because of their playmakers...defenses are actually fairly similar but they just blow us away in the skill positions other than maybe qb. Oh and we probably don't have more than 2 olineman that could crack their 2-deep. USC wins this game because of their O-Line, it is the one area that they are astronomically better than us.

Our only chance to keep this close is to knock JD Booty around and hope he doesn't handle his first test of pressure and adversity well (which isn't a stretch, we have a good enough front 7 to make this happen) However if he doesn't get hit they could blow us out with their WR vs. our secondary.

I'm saying it right now though, i think we are in this game in the 4th quarter and we lose by 10-14.

I am so damn pumped though, finally NU back in the national spotlight, it's been a long time coming. Good luck to our boys, hope i am sober enough to remember it if we actually pull of the upset.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?