.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

2 for 3

2 for 3 really does not sound like a good softball line, but let me tell you 2 for 3 is enough. Last night was the season finally for the Potter Family Softball Team (with special guests Ryan and Laura.) Anyways during the season, I have slowly been moving towards the bottom of the lineup, was it warranted, possibly, I could not tell you the manager and myself never had a sit down meeting to discuss my productivity. Anyways last night was the second straight week that I was the last male batter in the lineup. So top of the third (yes it took three innings for me to bat) I belted a triple with no outs and ended up scoring of a Sac Fly (1 for 1 with 1 run) game tied 1-1. My next at bat top of the 5th runners on 1st and 2nd with two hour, a 1-2 count with no courtesy I still make the decision to fleece the right fielder. . .it was a gutsy decision that resulted in a three run home run (my line 2 for 2, 3 RBI's and 2 runs scored) score is now 4 to 2 and your number nine hitter is accountable for all four runs.

We win the game 5-4 on a couple of nice plays by the left fielder (not me) but all I just want to point out the injustice and lack of respect that took place last night in batting me 9th.

As for those of you wondering about my blemish on the box score it was pure selfishness. By this point in the game this team was smart enough to realize I thrive on hitting to right field and shifted on me. So I had a 3-1 count and I am not one to walk so I try pulling one to left, unfortunately I did not get the air needed and ended up with a 6-5 fielders choice (Pete being the runner of choice, sorry buddy.)

Number nine in your line up but first in offensive productivity
Delusional KC Fan

Comments:
Ryan,

Let me put your lack of self-confidence at ease:

You were inserted last in the lineup because we felt as though you would be able to deliver extra base hits at the bottom of the order. Basically, Kayla was a walk or an out and this was making us essentially an eight man order.

The thought beinmg you would give us a better chance to clear the bases than me ( a .580 hitter, but mostly singles) or Sunshine, when he'd play. I actually thought this move was a great one, because Kayla was not required to get RBI's.

No disrespect was meant. After the first two weeks, you hit the crap out of the ball, and got a ton of RBIs in the process.

Frankly, to beat a team last night in a pitcher's duel that beat us 27-10 six weeks ago was impressive. Boondockers turned out to be a pretty damn good team for our first go round.

Congrats to us on our 2nd place!
 
Also: I think that as assistant manager I need to do a better job of communicating to everyone about their roles.

I do apologize for that.
 
Clearly, you just had an off day yesterday.
 
Self-aggrandizing...and I love it.

Speaking of which, I have a little shindig on Friday. I hope all that contribute/read this blog can make it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?