.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Nine.....Thoughts

After not being able to watch Lost, b/c I haven't watched Lost, I decided to try out the new serial drama following it. And I know that onlytheyknow....but i would also like to know.

1. Bailey from Party of Five is now a doctor. That is awesome.
2. Joe (correct name?) from Wings is one this show. I'm fascinated that both brothers from Wings have new sitcoms. Fascinating that they both basically fall off the face of the planet for an unknown number of years, and now they are both back.
3. The old president from Boston Legal has an absolutely awesome mustache. See you at the next bachelor party buddy.
4. This show is like a who's who of washed up sitcom actors.
5. It's generally a good show when a Ryan Adams song is involved.

And seriously, what happened in there? I guess only they know.

Comments:
I added this and Friday Night Lights to the Tivo roster. Not overly optimistic about either but if Gage likes it then I also do.
 
Friday Night Lights was so bad it was good. I'm expecting a lot out of the show.
 
I thought the Nine showed great potential. Its already pissed me off almost to the same point as Lost.
Friday Night Lights' premiere was a mix between its namesake and Varsity Blues. I liked both so I'm probably hooked.


Other shows I'm watching:

Jericho (CBS): Pretty interesting. Almost every major US city is hit by a mass nuclear attack and a small town is trying to deal with the fallout and who/what attacked us. Skeet Ulrich is as bad as he's ever been, but the premise and plot are both really good.

Eureka (Sci Fi): The season finale was on Tuesday night. This show is really good. It's about how Einstein persuaded Truman to set up a R & D town in the Pacific Northwest in order to maintain US scientific discovery. Of course, the show mainly deals with potential disaster, but its pretty interesting how the show deals with a lot of technology that's only a few years/decades from being available.

South Park (Comedy Central): I know a lot of you guys probably gave up on this show when we were still in high school, but I would definitely give it a second look now. The show is the best satire of U.S. culture on tv. They make fun of absolutely everything and don't pull any punches in the process as Comedy Central has basically given them Carte Blanche.

Battlestar Gallactica (Sci Fi): Nerd alert, I know. But if you enjoy the Terminator movies and Star Wars, then this show is probably up your alley. Edward James Olmos is fantastic and the fate of the human race is in the balance on almost every show. The show's on Friday nights, which means I'll be soaking in a vodka bottle instead of watching it, but I still think its worth DVRing.

Nip Tuck (FX): So far this season has been pretty flat. It seems like they're building up for something, but I don't know what that could be. Hey, at least I know what Ectrodactyly is and looks like now.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?