.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Must See TV

So what does everyone think of the new lineup? I--shocker--find it fantastic. It is the first time since Seinfeld was on that there literally was a night that is completely worth staying home for. A couple of thoughts:

--Scrubs: Can we possibly discuss the hook-handed millionaire afro'ed security officer in the pantheon of classic limited characters? I mean, he is in the same category of the Masturbating Bears of the world, isn't he?

--Scrubs: Dr. Cox's hair. Look--it pains me to offer any sort of ill-will towards anyone with a head of curly locks, but...come on, dude! John C., my man--how are you supposed to be a bad ass with highlighted long curls...

--30 Rock: I've said it before, it's premier episode was God-awful. That said, it gets exponentially better each episode. Tonight's featured a cameo with Conan O'Brien, and led to the following exchange with Alec Baldwin:

AB: "We can either do this the easy way, or the hard way."
CO: "What's the hard way?"
AB: "You do a live Christmas Eve special from Cabo every year until the War on Terror is over."
CO: "Tell Tracy I'll see him tonight. You black Irish bastard."
AB: "Back at you, Red."

And this one:

Tracey Morgan, referring to being a dad: "I walk around the house naked, so I can remind my oldest son who has the biggest ding dong."

--My Name Is Earl: still awesome.

--The Office: Somehow gets better every week. How is this even possible? Seriously? The situations continue to get more extreme, yet somehow don't really seem like it. I don't know, it is just so good. And Ed Helms' character vs. Dwight Schrute is just over the top and fantastic.

Hold up. I just saw a preview of a show called "The One That I Want." It is a reality show where America chooses who will play the leads of the new production of Grease on Broadway. I will now bash my head into the nearest wall available. Just when I am pimping how great TV has become all of a sudden, they pull this shit. Fuck it. I hate pop culture.

Comments:
It's 1:30 AM, I'm watching a RECORDED Duran Duran concert on VH1 classic (Wambold totally got me on the bandwagon, these guys are frickin awesome!, blow me). I've won 150 in poker in 2 hours, the Browns are awful, the Mrs. passed out at least 3 hours ago; but yet I'm ready to admit that Dr Cox's hair is easily the worst thing that's ever happened to Scrubs. Ever.

I mean it's taking on it's own storyline in my head. It's distracting. I wouldn't wish that hair on any 1996 North Platte token meathead wrestler.

I'm going to look at this at approximately 9AM tomorrow, laugh, and shake my head. I'm drunk.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?