.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Dancin' in March???

Am i dreaming? Probably, but i am telling you boys right now, Nebrasketball has a legit chance to make the NCAA tourney this year. Done laughing yet? Here's why:
-Big XII is down this year...worse than last year.
-We played a good enough non-conference schedule
-current rpi around 50, will be in the 40's with a win against a good Western Kentucky team on sat. which would make us 11-3 in non-conference
-10 conference wins is possible, consider this:
sweep CU (they are terrible) (2)
Okie St, UT, KU, and A&M are all at home (lucky schedule)(1-2)
Mizzou, ISU, KSU are the other home games (2-3)
we will lose @KU
Road games @ KSU, TTech, and OU (1)
Road games @ ISU, MIzzou, and Baylor (1-2)
with those calculations that puts us w/ 7-10 conference wins and 18-21 total wins going into the Big XII tourney.

I'm telling you right now that if this team gets 21 total wins they will be Dancing, 19-20 wins and we are bubble watching.

Thank you Doc Sadler, optimism is a wonderful thing

Comments:
If I had a little more time I'd dig through the blog archives and fine last year's version of this post.

I love the optimism though.
 
I'm with ya, Teej. I don't care if they're bad, or that it's in basketball, I took some real pride in Nebraska beating Miami around this time of year.
 
I checked for you and you are partially right. Check last January's archives and you will see where i talked about a possible tourney run...but i also think you will notice with that post a complete difference in my attitude.

but overall you are right, i type this same crap every year, hopefully Doc makes it a little more relevant than Collier did.
 
While I don't think they'll make it, they certainly do have a shot. If we can get to 21-22 wins and finish in the Top 1/2 of the Big 12, it can be done.

I am actually a little excited over this as well. I just love Doc Sadler I guess is the bottom line.
 
Hey Creighton: SUCK IT!!!
 
Doc is The Don, I swear. If he is still at Nebraska in 5 years, two results will bear fruit:

A) Intense disappointment,

-or-

B) Elation, because Doc truly does love Nebraska and has become endeared to the state that finally gave him his big chance, and he is going to pay back the University of Nebraska by sticking around, despite coaching offers from much more major programs.

I choose "C) Neither," because dude will be long gone in five years. I think he is that good.

Signing off from the middle of the ocean somewhere,

GA
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?