.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Saturday, January 27, 2007

a little mad, a little happy and a little jealous Pete

That about sums up my feelings regarding the Cubs resent signing of Cliff Floyd. Anyone who has been around me during a baseball season knows that I root whole heartedly for this guy. He's not the best player in the world but he's got hustle and up until recently I felt he was one of the most underated player in MLB. ANd the highlights, how I love Cliff Floyd highlights. Now he'll be playing for the Cubs (in what seems like a pretty crowded outfield). I am happy because he will be playing here in Chicago just a few blocks from my house, however he is playing for the cubs and time will tell what wins over in my heart, my love of FLoyd or my hatred of the Cubs. The jealousy comes in for all you Cubs fans who get to root for this guy. Especially you Pete, I know you appreciate a good Cliff Floyd highlight just as much as I do.

In other overcrowded outfield news, the White Sox just signed Erstad to one year deal. This could be a good move, he seems to fit with the Sox brand of baseball. I can't wait to see him and Ozzie argue it out over who is the biggest red-ass.

Comments:
It's tough to catch a Cliff Floyd highlight when he spends 50% of each year on the DL?
 
LOL, Sambuca. Or not.

I agree with Napa; I am pretty excited to see the guy in a Cub uniform. And I am also excited that--unlike previous years--they are not expecting him to be their left fielder. He is going to platoon with the Red Rocket Murton, which is perfect.

I would also be pretty excited to be a White Sox fan and see Darren Erstad in a Sox uni. I have always really wished he would be a Cub, because he is such a hard-nosed badass player. Sure, his body is broken down by now, but I would love to have him on the Northside. Hopefully he can put together a healthy season for the Sox. I don't care what team he plays for; I will always root for Erstad.
 
Cliff Floyd is my Chuck Norris.

Just fantastic news for me.
 
Let's hope the Red Rocket just gets cut.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?