.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Monday, January 01, 2007

A Year in Music

My turn for a list. In an effort to help me stop trying to figure out how a football team doesn't have anyone that can kick a 47 yard field goal, and how going for it on 4th and 11 is better than trying said field goal, I've decided to rank my 2006 cd's. The albums below were found by sorting my iTunes on year, so if some of these aren't actually 2006 cd's, it's iTunes not me. (See comments. update on 1/3)

The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America
Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
Cat Power - The Greatest
Neko Case - Fox Confessors Bring the Flood
Cursive - Happy Hollow

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones
Beck - The Information
Tom Yorke - The Eraser
Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat
Ben Harper - Both Sides of the Gun

The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers
Bob Dylan - Modern Times
Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere
Black Keys - Magic Potion
Razorlight - Self-titled

Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam
Prince - 3121
The Strokes - First Impressions of Earth
Rhett Miller - The Believer
The Roots - Game Theory
The Decemberists - Crane Wife

The Subways - Young for Eternity
Tom Petty - Highway Companion

Beth Orton - Comfort of Strangers
Snow Patrol - Eyes Open
Ben Kweller - Self-titled

Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
The Format - Dog Problems
Jack Johnson - Curious George Soundtrack
Keane - Under the Iron Sea
The Killer's - Sam's Town

Walkmen - A Hundred Miles Off

Comments:
Any significance to the groupings? Or was this so it's not all a big bundle?
 
The groupings had two purposes. First, so it wasn't a huge list and second to recognize my different levels of enjoyment. Kind of like all the ones in the first pile are great, second pile good, etc.
 
How The Roots "Game Theory" is left off any list is beyond me--especially on the very blog I participate in.

You also left off:

-Strange Fruit Project: "The Healing"
-Lupe Fiasco: "Food & Liquor"
-Ohmega Watts: "The Find"

Oh, and The Hold Steady: "Boys & Girls of America." Just in case you forgot.

I will now log off my $0.75/minute internet service, otherwise I would continue to add more to this list.

Happy New Year!
 
How about Now It's Overhead, Jenny Lewis and Watson Twins, Ghostface Killah, as some to add to this already impressive list.

Also, although I haven't heard it yet, Anonymous American put out a CD on 12/30 that I am looking forward to, so that is technically '06.
 
Comments on the oversights. As I said, I just filtered my iTunes on 2006, so it was possible to miss some albums. As such, I will be amending my post to include the Roots and Jenny Lewis since I listened to those albums extensively during the year.

The other albums did not receive enough of my time to make the list.
 
ummmm.....ever heard of the black eyed peas? they are an exciting new group with a hot singer named fergie. my favorite song is the one from the nba finals called "let's get it started."
 
oh good grief. let's not ruin the list with anonymous american. not that i think their music is bad, i just can't take them seriously.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?