.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Sunday, February 11, 2007

LA: What A (Weird) Town!




CRITICAL UPDATE: I cannot believe I did not include this, but I forgot to include a key sighting: Ian Ziering (or Steve Sanders from 90210), desperately eating breakfast by himself, eyeing every piece of woman that came through there. You could see the desperation in his eyes: "you recognize me, right? RIGHT??? Cool, why don't you come over and share some pan....fuck! She looked away, too! On to the next one...." Apparently the person I was with said the last three times he has gone in there, the curtains were lifted for the exact same performance each time. Priceless.


I have completed my trip to LA. I don't know how I turned a two-day meeting into a week in LA, but it was worth it. The city has more culture on one block than possibly the entire state of Nebraska. It is pretty hard to explain. And the sheer size of LA is staggering when you view it up in the hills. Incredible.

Got to go to some sweet stores (T-SHIRTS!), some overrated bars, and one of the best concerts I have ever seen. Some highlights:

-Telling--unknowingly until I actually looked up--Ashlee Simpson to scoot over so I could dock my fat ass on a bar stool. I have never really thought she was that attractive. Yep, wrong. And we have the same check card.

-Drinking a beer with the dude from My Big Fat Greek Wedding/Northern Exposure/Sex In The City. Mrs. GA Hill was particularly impressed with this one, and wanted to make sure that he was "still hot." I don't know, but he is a tall fucker.

-THE ROOTS featuring Jill Scott, Lupe Fiasco, and Akon. With SPECIAL APPEARANCES BY Talib Kweli! Dave Chappelle! GA Hill, in the front row! It was an incredible show. Akon opened and did a short set, then The Roots came on and played for about an hour. Then Lupe came out and played a song with them, followed by about 30 minutes of just Lupe. Then Jill Scott came out and played the song she does with Lupe, which led to her set. Then she played "You Got Me" with The Roots, which led to their final set + encore. The encore was electric, as they played "The Seed 2.0" into a James Brown funk session that lasted around 20 minutes, highlighted by the horn section forming a Soul Train line that everyone went through (this is where Dave Chappelle appeared). It was fantastic, my friends. Well worth staying in LA 3 days longer than I was supposed to!

Peace out.

Comments:
Ashlee Simpson is possibly the only person alive whose nosejob I fully endorse. Kudos!
 
Yeah, pete, agreed. She really was hot. I was pretty shocked; I had never at any point of seeing the 3,000 US Weeklys laying around the GA Hill household over the past year+ think she was remotely hot (perhaps "kind of cute"), but she blew that out of the water.
 
Next time you refer to John Corbett, you better mention Northern Exposure first on his list of appearances. That show was awesome. I wish someone would pick it up on syndication. At least you put it before Sex and the City.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?