.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Too Soon. . .sorry TJ


Comments:
kick me while i'm down
 
That's what you get for liking these pompous, ref-bribing pricks.

I've got an idea for Duke, maybe they should recruit more white guys. That seems to be working out.
 
typical duke hating bs....i love it. Seriously, half the reason i love them so much is because of the millions of duke haters in the world. I personally think it's flattering how many people hate them.
 
Mrs. 84Proof and myself laughed hysterically at this!!!
 
Dude, TJ, you're so punk rock.

This video is UNBELIEVABLE. Wait, check that...totally believable. That's what I meant.

What a fucking pansy.
 
GA, I am far from punk rock, but i just find it hysterical that so many people from across the country "hate duke". Especially people with very little vested interest...it's understandable why fans from Tobacco Road and Maryland hate them, but why all the people like yourselves from omaha, ne? I just flat out find it funny and i have this same conversation seemingly every week.

Yes i get that they win at incredibly high rate, have a coach who some perceive as whiny, recruit mostly white guys, and get more calls than they have go against them. I get all of that, but i will never understand the worldwide hate towards Duke.

My point is (i even chuckled at this video) is that you could probably find 100 clips from this years div 1 college basketball games across the country where someone flopped without really ever getting touched, but why does this video make it to youtube and than on to a blog 1000 miles away from Durham and the rest don't? I think it's incredibly interesting.

I write all of this fully realizing I am asking for more bashing...feel free.

And for the record, expect Duke to be back into the sweet 16 next year, everyone returns plus 2 more McDonald's all-americans (who had to meet higher academic qualifying standards than anyone going to Kentucky next year). POint being get your bashing in now, because they will be back next year to the top 10 level they have owned for most of the past 20 years.
 
Oh sweet Jesus, EZT! I'm sure you're right, there were 1,000 missed flop opportunities in college basketball this year, but who started that shit? Duke turned a little-called instance into a form of defense. Crazy, potentially-dangerous defense.

As far as me not having the right to hate Duke...I have plenty of reason. His name is Christian Laettner. I also hate Coach Krsyasysadffasdlfkjski because he stole Chris Duhon from Kentucky. And when I mean "stole," I mean "had one of his biggest boosters offer his mother a $125,000/year job, even though she was woefully underqualified for it." I hate the fact that most Duke players drive around campus in Mercedes, yet everyone in the media will go on for days about what a "class act" Coach K is. I hate the fact that Coach K is the biggest hypocrite in the world. He talks about in one of his books that the true measure of a leader is how he stands up during adversity. When he says "stands up," he means "when I realize I have a bad team on my hands, say that my back really hurts and I am exhausted, take the rest of the season off, make one of my 'friends' the interim head coach, petition to the NCAA to strike the losing record from that sesason off my personal record, and--for good measure--fire said 'friend' at the end of the season."

As far as your "higher standards" line...please, TJ, give me a break. You know damn well that the Duke admissions office will "overlook" a Burger Boy for ol' Dean K.

Oh, sweet, innocent EZT. We'll get you through this.
 
i love it...

to me all i saw in that tyraid was you admitting that Duke has a far superior basketball program over your beloved UK Wildcats.
 
ah christ almighty....why is that i have to run my mouth about how good they will be next year and find out 30 min. later that McRoberts just announced he might go pro. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF@#$@$#QW$%#@%#^%#^
 
Uh, yeah. That is exactly what I was saying. Kentucky may be down right now, but Duke is not, nor ever will be, in any way shape or form, a superior basketball program to Kentucky. Ever.

McRoberts going pro, huh? That is awesome. I can't wait to see him fade in to Bolivia, into the European pro leagues sunset.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?