.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Kentucky vs. Kansas: A live blog!

4:14: We are live, from Dundee! Welcome. That was quick…Big Randolph Morris with a nice low-post move. 2-0.

4:14: And followed by a KU three. Not a good sign, friends. Oh, that, and Billy Packer is calling the game. Of course. Wow, THANKS CBS!

4:15: Morris again! He looks motivated big time…and when he is motivated, he is among the best.

4:15: KU with another three. And a steal. Christ.

4:16: Ah, another announcer referring to a player as “long.” Is there a more disturbing buzz word in sports than this? Do the announcers check these guys out in the locker room before the game?

4:17: Nice three by March Bobby Perry. Hopefully regular season Bobby Perry stayed in Lexington. Because he sucks.

4:17: Mmmm. Love having a freshman point guard who has never played in this big of a game in his life. Working out well for Kentucky. At least the next great Kentucky player is in: Jodie Meeks! He is going to really good.

4:18: Another KU three. Sweet Jesus. 11-7, KU.

4:18: *Opens new Internet browser* Hmmm, Google: how fast can you find a listing for “pizza?” Apparently in about 2 seconds. I love the Internets.

4:20: Pete just sent me these two text messages: “Make sure to mention that I am eating Swedish Fish and Wild Bill’s Jerky right now. I love Bucky’s.” and “I could have done without these asshole announcers. Does anyone even like Billy Packer?” My responses to those text messages are “*Marv Albert voice* YES!” and “Literally, no.”

4:22: Billy Packer just said something factual for the first time in his life: “Mike Ditka is pretty much Mr. Chicago, isn’t he?” I emphatically answer “Fuck yes.”

4:24: Great follow by March Bobby. I hope Morris isn’t going to shoot just to shoot the entire game. Nice block by him, though.

4:24: The graphic: “Tournament History.” I don’t even know why they’re trying to compare Kansas here. The numbers aren’t even close. UK wins. Except for probably this game.

4:25: March Bobby again! Tie ball game, 11-11!!

4:25: My God. The make guarded threes, how about we not leave them wide open? Just a suggestion. 14-11.
4:26: GA Hill: “What are your specials?”
Pizza Hut: “A large single-topping Cheesy Bites pizza for $11.99.”
GA Hill: *silence*
GA Hill: (inner monologue) “Why fight it? You’re a sucker for gimmicks, especially unhealthy, food gimmicks.”
GA Hill: (out loud again) “That sounds great, but could I get two toppings?”
Pizza Hut: “Sure. That will be 45 minutes to an hour.”
GA: Aren’t you literally a block and a half from my house.
Pizza Hut: “Yeah, exactly.”
GA: “Point taken. I’ll pay with cash.”

4:29: Nice taken charge there by Sheray Thomas. Pretty incredible story. The guy comes back from a softball-sized tumor, and no one ever talks about it. J.J. Redick gets taunted by fans, and we have to see 15-minute stories on his poetry. Sounds about right.

4:30: Another charge foul on KU! The were both legit calls, but I hope this isn’t one of those games that every charge and ticky-tack foul is called. Unless, of course, it goes Kentucky’s favor. I will be totally OK with this.

4:36: I actually like how things are going here. UK is playing pretty solid defense. The tempo is a bit too fast here, though.

4:36: That’s great. Right when I say UK is playing pretty solid defense, they leave Sasha Kaun wide open right by the hoop. At least they’re making him earn his points on the line.

4:38: Wow, another ticky-tack foul on KU. I wonder if the NCAA is conspiring to make sure they win so Tubby is Kentucky’s coach next year.

4:38: Jodie Meeks, for three! Love this kid. 17-15.

how things are going here. UK is playing pretty solid defense. The tempo is a bit too fast here, though.

4:36: That’s great. Right when I say UK is playing pretty solid defense, they leave Sasha Kaun wide open right by the hoop. At least they’re making him earn his points on the line.

4:38: Wow, another ticky-tack foul on KU. I wonder if the NCAA is conspiring to make sure they win so Tubby is Kentucky’s coach next year.

4:38: Jodie Meeks, for three! Love this kid. 17-15.

4:39: Billy Packer just said of Meeks “I love this kid. He is going to be a really good player.” The future just went quite dim for Jodie Meeks. Sorry, kid! I was a big fan while it lasted.

4:40: 19-17, UK. Things could not be going better at this point. There’s a makeup no-call for KU.

4:40: God damn it, breakaway steal/dunk. KU is just too athletic. If they go on any kind of run, my day is going to suck. 21-19, KU. TV timeout.

4:47: Well, apparently the refs got tired of calling charges. What a horseshit call on my man Eddie Murphy; er, Ramel Bradley.

4:47: There’s the charge call! Jodie Meeks! Doing all the right things.

4:50: Pizza time! Back later (as if anyone is reading and/or cares)…. 28-25, KU.

5:03: And we're back...what a horseshit pizza that was. Oh my God, is it bad. I don't know how I keep falling for stupid Pizza Hut pizzas. The last time I ate Pizza Hut, I got that lasagna pizza. It tasted exactly like...poop. Also, Derrick Jasper is having one crap-tacular game.

5:04: That son of a bitch Papa John. With his bullshit smile and fucking Louisville red shirt on, taunting me with my pizza choice. I hate him.

5:06: UK 30, KU 36. Kentucky would have the lead right now if they could make layups. Literally.

5:07: Same score at halftime. Being down 6 at the half is not the end of the world, by any means. But it isn't good, either.

5:08: Being hammered with CBS programming commercials makes one think to themselves: "Is CBS the worst network television station in the world?" Yes. Yes it is.

5:10: I see that USC is beating Texas. Not coincidentally, Kevin Durant is not Texas' leading scorer. Coincidence? Uh, no. Not to sound like the Sports Guy (as I write a running live blog on the Tournament), but Rick Barnes really is one shit, shit coach. I don't care if Durant is getting triple-teamed, he is good enough to get out them. Clearly he is not getting the ball enough.

5:12: Nevada-Memphis is on now. Hearing Verne Lunquist and Billy Raferty makes me remember just how bad Jim Nantz and Billy Packer are. How do these guys keep getting the top games and the Final Four games? I literally have never heard or read anyone say anything remotely good about those two. I know Nantz is "Mr. Masters," but that doesn't mean he doesn't suck.

5:13: Just heard a small explosion. I think it was Seger's head after having read anything remotely critical of Jim Nantz. Sorry, buddy. The guy is clown shoes. And Billy Raferty just reminded us that basketball is supposed to be fun and entertaining to watch. God, I hate CBS.

5:15: Mrs. GA is almost home. Didn't really think about that when I started this thing. Might be signing off for good. Enjoy the rest of the game, and think of me when this game is over. It might be a rough night.

6:15: ...aaaand that should about do it for the Tubby Smith Era at Kentucky. Good God. 76-60 right now. It is unbelievable how out-athleted Kentucky is in this game. It is completely unexcusable. It's Kentucky, for God's sake! You should be able to recruit in your sleep there. It is very Solich-esque at this point.

It's too bad. Tubby has class for miles, and is, as stated many a time before, a great person. I'm a huge fan of his. That said, it's probably time to go.

A pretty appropriate end to the 2006-07. UK had ZERO wins against Top 25 wins this season; not really sure why I thought they could possibly beat the best team in the country. God, this sucks.

I guess at least the Cubs start soon. Don't want to go too long without cheering for a losing team.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I literally don't know why everyone has put Tubby Smith on such a pedestal. Literally, the best coach in Kentucky basketball history was the literally-always drunk Eddie Sutton. For the record, this comment will be taken down within literally 12 hours.
 
That was literally a great post by the Rod...no, literally.
 
The Rod, you're a flaming ass retard. I literally hope you are just trying to piss me off, because Sutton was easily the WORST coach in UK history (post-Rupp).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?