.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Thursday, April 12, 2007

More music news addendum...

Nothing much to report:

Casadaga is a nice little album. I think Bright Eyes are definitely moving to a broader sound with this and I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning. I'm still partial to Fevers and Mirrors. However, I think the broader sound will attract more fringe listeners. Brakeman and Must Belong Somewhere seem to be blog favorites and for good reason. Can't wait to see them played live again. When they played in February, it was the best set I'd seen them play live...and that was at the beginning of the tour. I can't wait until they've had a couple of months of sharpening their chops.

The new Kings of Leon album, Because of the Times, is really nice. They're definitely evolving on every album.

Arcade Fire's, Neon Bible, is worth the hype. It takes the momentum from Funeral and runs with it. It adds, in my opinion, quite a bit of pop. Easier to listen to as individual songs than their first album.

If you get a chance, check out Amy Winehouse's, Back at Black. She's this 23-year-old Brit who apparently has the growing reputation of being an incredible drunk. Reminds me of Lauryn Hill's solo album. Minus the white hate. The bonus is a duet with Ghostface. Very nice.

In Australian music, I was introduced to Xavier Rudd. Dude plays the didgeridoo and a million other instruments. Very much in the vein of old Ben Harper and Dave Matthews. I was over them too until I heard the album, Solace. If you're feeling up to it, check it out.

Comments:
Amh Winehouse is that hot shit! She is incredible, although I do not see the Lauryn Hill comparisons at all. But this is easily one of the best albums released this year.

Key Track: "These Tears Dry On Their Own"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?