.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My trip to Homers yesterday...

...resulted in four CD purchases. Loose Fur for GA, which sounded good from the three or so songs, and the aforementioned Bright Eyes, which, after giving it another listen, probably would get a 7.2 on the Pitchfork scale from me at this point, accounted for two of the purchases. I definitely want to go to the Bright Eyes show on 4/26. I know Hales is in, and MIB as well. Holla back for confo on that.

I also picked up the Cold War Kids and Ted Leo + Pharmacists. Only the former of these CDs came out in 2006 and I've listened to the one that came out like last week, Ted Leo. Both are rumored excellent. I don't know how I didn't get into Ted Leo sooner. He sounds like the kind of guy who would piss a lot of people off, a real instigator. The sound is kind of like the Pixies only more abrasive and punkish attitude. Some reggae too. Not The Clash reggae, actual reggae. I know from my brother that he does Kelly Clarkson and Springsteen covers as well in concert.

The Cold War kids is about to get its first listen. This probably should have happened for me at least four months ago. Apparently I need confirmation from The Deuce, MIB, my bro, Pitchfork, and Rolling Stone before I will give a band with a name as crappy as this a try. Godspeed...

Comments:
I recently read an article about Ted Leo, which prompted me to give a listen to some his new album. It sounds pretty good. I have been trying to purchase the new Andrew Bird CD, but have been unsuccessful so far (don't ask). It is supposed to be good and from what I have heard so far I think I will agree.

On an unrelated note. Hey GA when are you going to shoot me an invite so I can make posts, not just reply.
 
Bright Eyes at the Holland--I'm in.

Ted Leo+Rx have been good. The last (read: only) two times I've seen him, he bloodies himself with his own mic. He did cover "Since U Been Gone," by Kelly Clarkson.

Cold War Kids are good. A little whiny, but good.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?