.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Network TV: Gaining Back Their Reputation....

...of sucking.

This on Variety.com:

"NBC is giving up on "Andy Barker, P.I."
After a lightly promoted four-seg run, the Peacock has pulled Conan O'Brien's critically adored midseason laffer from its Thursday perch effective immediately. It will be replaced by "Scrubs," which had been set to inherit the 9:30 p.m. timeslot April 19."

How could this show be cancelled already? There's going to have been, what, 6 episodes of it (after they run the final two on Saturday night)? The show is fucking hilarious--as has been discussed in a creepily-timed text message discussion by Pete and I--and it is exec-produced by Conan O'Brien. You would think that being produced by the Tonight Show heir would be enough reason to at least try to build it up a bit and see if it developed a following.

Thursday nights on NBC is the best night of television by far. But it just got taken down a notch. And, this provides a wake up call to those of us who may have been fooled lately: network TV sucks.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
That show's good? I watched the first one and thought it was kind of stupid so I stopped my DVR from recording it. Evidently that was a bad idea. Guess I'll have to watch the last episode and wonder what could have been.
 
This is infuriating. They put a show on in midseason, do nothing to promote it, and then cancel it. Shows like this don't have a chance. If I'm a network exec and I have a midseason opening, I'm would just fill it with syndicated bs and save myself the production costs.

And yes, this show was good.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?