.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Friday, April 06, 2007

A Sight (Picture) For Sore Eyes...


This quote was probably my favorite from today's press conference at Kentucky announcing Billy Gillispie as the new head coach of men's basketball (when asked if the crazy fans and their expectations will be "tough"):


"When you talk about tough, I don’t think 24,000 fans caring about your team as being tough. I see the opponent having to play in front of that as a tough assignment. I look at having seven or eight thousand fans at a game - that is tough. When you have 24,000 fans, I hope that every one of them is a coach. I hope that everyone has an unbelievable passion like I do. Whether they are screaming at me or at the players, lets just all do it together. We are going to be working hard, and they are going to be working hard. We are going to call on the fans, as great as they have been for so long, let’s just take it up a notch and let’s make it impossible for anyone to come in here, we want to make the other team leave at halftime."


And as a newly married dude, this was really funny response to a question (and I'm paraphrasing, don't have the direct quote):


-Reporter: "Are you concerned with being frequently second-guessed by arm-chair coaches?"

-Billy G.: "Well, uh--you guys do know I was married, right? That's all that happened when I was married."


He is really funny, and great with reporters. I can certainly see why him and Doc Sadler are best friends.


Billy Donovan was obviously my first choice, but as anyone who cared to know knows, Billy G. was a very close second. After watching his press conference and pep rally today (where he started to tear up talking about how great of an opportunity this was for him), I could not possibly be more thrilled.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
You got a good one, and it's better (IMO) that you didn't get Billy D. Because now you're completely out of the Rick Pitino shadow forever.
 
Well said.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?